Holy Grail of the P: My Top 5

The AEIY booklet got me to thinking. What is your PF dream wish list? Here is my top 5:

1. Parliament Live unedited both Oakland and L.A. shows from 1977
  2. Gloryhallastoopid Tour on video-I have seen some snippets so I know it exists
  3. Video of The Funks live from the first Bootsy era & Cosmic Slop era '72-73
  4. Footage from the mysterious Motor Booty Affair movie that was talked about briefly in 1977. Something was recorded at the United Nations Building for this I think.
  5. The Parliament Up South album
3 Likes

Black Vampire - the 1973 Invictus solo George Clinton LP that only an acetate exists of. There’s a picture of it on Discogs but nobody has ever said they’ve heard it…

4 Likes

I was just about to say the same thing :slightly_smiling_face: .

I used to have the original pressing of Osmium as my holy grail, but now it would be the Black Vampire album. If it even exists…

1 Like

if it’s a hoax it’s a damn elaborate one!

I would have to say Black Vampire is #1, followed by You’re Not Hurting Him (You’re Hurting Me). The main reason for that is because it seems clear that only one person owns each, and they have no interest in letting anyone else hear them.

Also, at this point considering how rare they’ve proven to be, I’d have to say Junie’s When the City, and the two 420 Funk Mob live CDs, to round out my own list.

1 Like

Another holy grail for me is the live 1974/75 video that they show snippets of in the PBS One Nation Under a Groove documentary, there’s no audio in those shots but I really hope that the full show with sound exists and we’ll get to see it. The footage looks great and that pre-Mothership era is fascinating to me!

1 Like

Yes Mutron this. The only things we have from that era is the Sugar Shack audio.

Any kind of footage (also audio, but video in particular) pre-1976.
The Black Vampire album, indeed.
The full Newburgh video.
All kinds of memorabilia (yes, the AEIY booklet, but also the alternate cover for UFTDS, and so many more).

3 Likes

The originally planned double album version of Electric Spanking.

3 Likes

2 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: Tracklist of the original planned Electric Spanking

I have that Motor Booty Affair picture disc, one of my prized possessions.

2 Likes

I would see it back when the album was released but I already had the regular album so I never bothered.
:rage:

Man, that’s classic!

But there’s a lot of copies for sale over at discogs. I saw one in mint condition for around $20. You should get one!

1 Like

Dayum, you’re right!!
Thanks @silentboatman.

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: Black Vampire - Invictus 1973

I would like a remix of Maggot Brain original take and the alternate take, combining the best bits from both.

George, if you’re out there, make it happen. :metal:

That sounds like the BMG dub from the Reworked By Detroiters album!

2 Likes

Uh yeah…exactly like that… :rofl:

Well that’ll make the next phase of work slightly more interesting :metal:

3 Likes

Bit late to this, but what was the “Up South” album?

That was a Parliament album that was supposed to be released in the 80s. George talks about it in this Spin interview from 1985.

1 Like