Tracklist of the original planned Electric Spanking

YES! Anyone know what the original tracklisting would have been for this? I’ve heard tell that two more parts of “Funk Gets Stronger” were supposed to be part of it, along with “I Angle” and “May Day” (all of which would seem to ‘fit’) - and “Atomic Dog” (which kinda doesn’t)? Anyway, as a single disc Electric Spanking is one of my favourite Funkadelic albums (and my introduction to the P empire back in 1981), so i can only imagine how funky a double would have been …

1 Like

I think I remember reading somewhere that She Loves You was the full song, not just a snippet?

I don’t buy the story that Atomic Dog was supposed to be on Electric Spanking - it sounds nothing like any of those sessions and knowing George, he would’ve put it on the album ASAP knowing that they had another smash on their hands and not kept it “in the can“. I definitely would love to hear the original double album as envisioned though!

2 Likes

Yeah, I mean he’s said several times that the reason the beat on Atomic Dog is backwards is cuz he’s was funked up on drugz and showed up at the studio to throw some vocals down (on an unfinished track) cuz he felt like THEY were doing more work on HIS solo album than HE was. So it was definitely recorded for his solo album

2 Likes

I think David Spradley confirmed that Atomic Dog was composed and recorded in 1982, after Electric Spanking had already been released.

1 Like