Tracklist of the original planned Electric Spanking

I’ve tried it with 4 speakers and it’s still not great. Most tracks are decent. Cosmic slop is a mess.thoigh, it sounds like they applies a heavy hall effect to it. The copy I got is from a quad 8 8 track tape. I’ve updated some tracks on my soundcloud, I’ll also post them here when I get some more free time.

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for coming in here. Any chance you could share all those demos in a big zip file or on soulseek or something?

Yeah give me some time. I have a ton of stuff to go through. I’ve been looking for the deleted ending of the theme from the black hole. I have it somewhere but haven’t ran across it yet. I’m on soulseek. User name is floballs. I’m not hosting much at the moment but if I want something let me know and I’ll put it up.

2 Likes

Did these ever come to see the light of day?

As far as I know, I don’t think they have. Hopefully one day. :slightly_smiling_face:

Looking at the tracklist now, it struck me as kind of strange that they would put a regular version and an instrumental version of the same track directly after each other. Seen that on 12”s of course, but never on albums…

yeah that is weird. The sort of thing you’d end up skipping every time you listened to it, unless it was a wildly different version with amazing solos or something

Whats soulseek?

Soulseek is a peer-to-peer network for sharing music files. I think the best client could be Nicotine+.

Here’s the photos of the acetate covers with the tracklist. Got ok to repost them here. Thanks Lee Rosenbloom! Amazing stuff.

4 Likes

Nice! This looks great!

Is there a client for soulseek that would operate from a mobile device?

I don’t believe so. I think I checked before.

But maybe, if you have an app that allows you to emulate windows from your phone. Don’t know if that exists, but it sounds like it should.

I found an app that is just called seeker. It seems to work most of the time. I am finding sime great stuff. Thank you all for tge info!

2 Likes

Heads up, the double LP versions of Icka Prick, I Angle, Funk Gets Stronger pt. 1, and She Loves You have started floating around on Soulseek tagged as demos. They’re in mono and drenched in tape hiss but are the real deal. I can send a Mega link if permitted. All the differences from the released versions I noticed:

1. Icka Prick: There’s a segment just before the coda that begins after George says “of course I like to watch”, spanning almost a minute. The coda is ~20 seconds longer.
  2. I Angle: Same as the Family Series version but cuts in as the music starts and fades just before the ending breakdown.
  3. Funk Gets Stronger 1: Same as the album but it keeps going. 13 minutes total.
  4. She Loves You: Same as what was posted here a while back, but this one’s definitely from the same source as the others. Don’t know where it fits into the equation going off the tracklist above.

Very interesting listens!

1 Like

Wow that sounds really interesting! Yeah you can share it. As long as it’s not commercially available, it’s cool. :wink:

Great!

6 Likes

Thank you thank you I’ve been looking to hear that Icka Prick for a long time!

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Has that version of Funk Gets Stronger ever been around? At this point I can’t recall if I’ve heard it before but I am impressed by it. I always felt like the version that ended up on the album (likely an edit of this) was a bit lagging. Now, I see why.

3 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes