Black Vampire - Invictus 1973

I heard it so it exist. It’s more Funkadelic. The Funkadelic’s are all over it!
George “I Will Suck Your Neck” A Black Vampire Come On I’ll See You, Reach Out I Got Some Girls Out In Atlanta Georgia etc. They are doing a different version of I Got A Thing For You Daddy (instrumental) very early version of Up For The Down Stroke and a different version of Nothin’ Before Me But Thang and a few new songs.

3 Likes

It’s not a hoax. It exist I saw it with my own eyes and heard the track

2 Likes

How did you hear this?? Where? When? So many questions! Whoever owns this should put it out there, funk junkies like us would pay good money for this! Even better if it had an official release and all artists got proper credit and payment…

3 Likes

Yeah, I came in here to say the same things and ask the same questions. if you’ve heard this then perhaps you are one of the very few people out there who actually knows where this item is currently located and perhaps there is at least a chance you could persuade the holder of it to do something to make sure that this gets out. The thought of a record collector dying with something like this in their collection unheard by anyone else except for them, and then the record ends up who knows where after that, breaks my heart

1 Like

The man who owns the acetate doesn’t want to do anything with it right now. The recordings are the property of Invictus HDH, so when it is released they must give permission first.

Like the Wu Tang album. :frowning:

Something for an evil Spectre villain to look and laugh at as he walks past it in his museum of priceless artifacts, stroking his white cat, before boarding his monorail…

4 Likes

Not saying the guy who owns the acetate is a bad guy. Just hate the thought of anything universal being locked away. Appreciate there is a legal aspect to this.

I just wanna hear I got a thing for you momma :metal:

2 Likes

The acetate is not of great quality. It is more important to find the mother tapes. I strongly suspect that it is stored in the Invictus archive without a label. Experience shows that this is already the case with many other tapes whose content suddenly turns out to be unique.

6 Likes

Thanks for the info @Funkadelic1959. Welcome to the forum!

Would love to go digging around in the Invictus dungeons, with crates of unmarked master tapes everywhere. Like Indiana Jones lookin for the holy grail. :grin:

4 Likes

The New York public library made a podcast/interview with George in 2014 where he mentions a black vampire. Although he talks about the original idea for the Maggot Brain cover, and not an Invictus album. Some crazy stuff.

Now if I told you what the original cover was going to look like, it was kind of nasty. But I can tell you. It was gonna be a pimp vampire, black vampire. You know, cape back, clean, fang with a diamond in it, a sparkling diamond. A glass of blood. Not biting nobody’s neck. He was too cool to bite somebody’s neck. He’d have a glass of blood with the fang, but when you look close to it, you saw a whole bunch of squeezed out tampons laying around.

Here’s the link to the audio. It’s at 55:00.

4 Likes

Suitably nasty :rofl:

3 Likes

haha would be cool if that photoshoot ever happened and it was put into a cd pamphlet or something at some point. The Maggot Brain artwork is just too iconic though

1 Like

Thanks for sharing…

I know there’s no real connection between Black Vampire and Greyship Daviz? I’ve just been award of the band. I love P Funk. But Greyship Daviz are killers in their manner. Does someone know well the band ? Were the members in relation with Parliament Funkadelic when they started.
There’s obviously connections musically, but from a conceptual view, what is it about ?
There’s too little documentation available on the band on the internet.

1 Like

I had to look them up. Looks like they released, like, three songs ever, not counting remixes. And it’s kinda unclear when they were recorded. Pretty funky shit though. Surprised anyone remembers a band that released three songs decades ago.

1 Like

Thanks. I am waiting for your return.

Oh!! I never knew such a record was made (or totally forgot about it if I did).

Why would a label sit on something like this?? And why isn’t George fighting to get this released??!

1 Like

I got news for ya, George don’t appear to care much about getting stuff like this released.

Yeah that’s true. I suppose if Invictus (or whoever owns Invictus nowadays) have the rights to the master tapes, GC wouldn’t make that much money if they got released.

But why isn’t Invicus releasing stuff? Maybe there’s too many legal issues or maybe they don’t have the tapes… Or maybe they don’t know they have it as @Funkadelic1959 suggested.

Well he did not seem to be too excited over Toys as per his memoirs. I thought at some point someone was planning a nice double or triple album with the Sgt Peppers stuff on it but it seems to have sank without a trace.