Rare vinyl-only remixes

Ah, those PFAS are 7", I have 12" singles. I typically don’t collect edits. I like longer versions of songs, I like remixed/reworked versions of songs. But if it’s an existing version simply cut shorter, it usually doesn’t interest me.

1 Like

Yeah, I’m the same way. I figured if you had the edits, may as well share them, but if you don’t, I wouldn’t lose any sleep over it.

TBF This Funkadelic (GOYAAJ)12” is a bootleg release nice quality and from tape but released by the engineer whatsiname!?! His name is on the record!!!

Also after a quick glance at your “comments” (my eyes ain’t great!) :man_shrugging:t2::point_up:t3:‘Way of the drum’ mixes did come out on cd.

Yes they did, but not those two mixes.

That reminds me, I meant to say last night that I can’t wait to hear how the transition between the dark side mixes sounds. I’d like to listen through not knowing where the cut is, and see if I can even detect it.

Oops… I imagine it would have been hard to justify a double cd for such a potentially mediocre release.

Engineer Jim Callon is responsible for this 12” bootleg same guy who did the unofficial Eddie Hazel mini lp!

4 posts were split to a new topic: If Anybody Gets Funked Up - long version

2 posts were split to a new topic: The Mothership Connection (Live From Houston) vinyl

Hey fellow funkateers, i’m new to this space and in gratitude for you pointing me in the direction of Bootsy mixes (Do the Freak) i wasn’t aware of, i wanted to add a couple of versions to the list for you like-minded completists out there:
George Clinton Double Oh Oh 12" B side, Double Oh Oh (mixing bits) 13.09
Bootsy Party on Plastic 1988 CBS 12" Side A: Party on Plastic (P.O.P) 6.59/A Creative Nuisance (nobody understands) Party Mix 6.30 Side B: P.O.P House Mix 4.51/P.O.P Da Combat Dance Mix 6.21 - all superior to the version on What’s Bootsy Doin’? in my humble…
Gary Shider Beautiful (extended club mix) 7.20 - again, much better track than the version on My Gang Funky album
K9 Corp (featuring Pretty C) Dog Talk 9.35

2 Likes

:point_up:t3:Contains Dog Talk!?!

Ah, so i stand corrected on that one. My bad.

1 Like

:point_up:t3:“Bad” meaning good!?!:laughing:

Just ordered that extended club mix of Beautiful, so I will be bumpin to it soon.

Welcome to the forum @darkerthanblue!

Updated list of outstanding tracks:

artist song (version) release format year
Bootsy, Phelps & The Complete Strangers Fun In Your Thang (Part 2) My Mind set Me Free 12" 1972
Funkadelic (Original P) Connections and Disconnections (edit) Connections and Disconnections 12" 1981
P-Funk All Stars Hydraulic Pump Part 1 (3:45 edit) Hydraulic Pump promo 7" 1983
P-Funk All Stars Hydraulic Pump Part 2 (3:55 edit) Hydraulic Pump promo 7" 1983
P-Funk All Stars Pumpin’ It Up (3:40 mix) Pumpin’ It Up promo 7" 1983
P-Funk All Stars Pumpin’ It Up (4:46 mix) Pumpin’ It Up promo 7" 1983
Toshinobu Kubota Mixed Nuts Bonga Wanga CD 1990
LSD Watch This Event Watch Out For the Third Rail CD 1991
T.C. Ellis Bustin’ True Confessions CD 1991
George Clinton & The P-Funk All Stars Quantum Leap If It Ain’t On P-Vine, It Ain’t P-Funk mini CD 1993
Steve & The Family Funk & George Clinton Return Of the Funk Masters (4 mixes) Gotta Make It Better / Return Of The Funk Masters LP 1994
Axiom Funk feat. Bootsy If 6 was 9 (DXT radio edit) Hip Hop Remixes By DXT vinyl 1996
Axiom Funk feat. Bootsy If 6 Was Phunky Hip Hop Remixes By DXT vinyl 1996
Axiom Funk feat. Bootsy If 6 Minutes was 9 minutes Hip Hop Remixes By DXT vinyl 1996
Axiom Funk feat. Bootsy If 6 was 9 (DXT instrumental mix) Hip Hop Remixes By DXT vinyl 1996
Bootsy Do the Freak (Delicious Funky Dub) Do the Freak vinyl 1998
Bootsy Do the Freak (Delicious in Paris Mix) Do the Freak vinyl 1998
Bootsy Do the Freak (Freak Zone version) Do the Freak vinyl 1998
Bootsy Do the Freak (Smoove freak version) Do the Freak vinyl 1998
Bootsy Do the Freak (Deep Blunt Mix) Do the Freak vinyl 1998
Enemy Squad If it Fits (Do You Swear It?) United State Of Mind CD 1998
Enemy Squad Flip the Script (Reprise) United State Of Mind CD 1998
George Clinton and Quincy Jones Area Code (4 versions) Da Bomb City Soundtrack LP 1998
George Clinton and Quincy Jones D.L. (4 versions) Da Bomb City Soundtrack LP 1998
Funkadelic Get Off Your Ass and Jam (1975 Jim Callon Mix) Get Off Your Ass And Jam / Red Hot Mama 12" 1999
Funkadelic Red Hot Mama (1975 Jim Callon Mix) Get Off Your Ass And Jam / Red Hot Mama 12" 1999
Ray Chew & The Crew Booty Juice Feelin’ It CD 2002
Bootsy Play With Bootsy (Galleon remix) Dance To the Music vinyl 2003
Bootsy Dance to the Music (Mattias Heilbronn all-star remix) Dance To the Music vinyl 2003
Bootsy Dance to the Music (Instrumental) Dance To the Music vinyl 2003
George Clinton & P-funk Voodoo Child (Slight Return) Hazy Dreams - a Jimi Hendrix Tribute CD 2003
Bootsy Dreamship Surprise (extended version) Dreamship Surprise CD single 2004
Smile Rays Fresh Tradition Party… Place LP 2007
Soundscannerz & George Clinton Congradulationz Soundscannerz presents the resume digital 2007
Die Warzau Hitler’s Brain Vinyl88 CD 2008

Welcome, bro!

• Double Oh-Oh (Mixing parts) can be found on youtube.
  • All those versions of Party on Plastic are now in my possession in CD form and digitally, send me a message if you want them.
  • Beautiful extended club mix I also found on Youtube.

Technically this thread is for songs that were so rare that one couldn’t even find them and pull them off of youtube (if they were so inclined). For completeness’ sake, maybe it would have been appropriate to just start a master list of non-album tracks and maintain it, including listing how to find it online or whether it’s outstanding. Instead, we went the route of deleting them off the list once located or purchased and ripped.

The good news is I’ve got everything saved and will find a way to get it all online for everyone at some point.

On that note, it would be nice to be able to just post a massive p-funk library online, but maybe it’s not appropriate. I have no problem whatsoever sharing this stuff that either can’t be found on the core albums, or can’t be found on CD, or can’t be found economically. But what about the rest? I’m conflicted. I mean, what really is piracy nowadays anyways? When people can just pay $15 a month and stream nearly anything and no one cares about actual possession of the files (let alone the physical media), it seems like treating these files as the copyrighted works that they are, has lost all purpose at this point.

Thanks for the heads up Seventieslord re: P.O.P mixes - i’d be very much intersted in assessing them - wasn’t aware they were available on CD? dtb

Neither was I until about a month ago.

Check out the one at the bottom.