The Parliaments - Sgt Pepper with vocals

I know that some of you have already seen this, but I thought I’ll post it anyways. Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band with vocals.

The same user on yt also uploaded Don’t Be Sore At Me in stereo. As far as I know, it has only been released in mono before.

I suppose both of them will appear on the that forthcoming A New Day Begins compilation, whenever that will be. The 7" Sgt Pepper’s instrumental got released in 2018 and then the 10" came in 2019. So the compilation should drop in 2020, right? :slight_smile:

1 Like

My goodness, where would they have even gotten this from?

Any one have higher quality transfers of this and the Parliament’s vocal version of I’m Into Something Good

I suppose when Tuff City Records acquired the rights for the Revilot catalog, they also got all the master tapes and stuff.

:point_up:t3:Yeah, I bought the sgt pepper single a while back tbh I’m a little disappointed that it contains two instrumental cuts rather than a vocal and inst, now looking at the rsd 10” I’m guessing the Lp might not have all the same (inst?) cuts when it comes out so will probably have to buy both at some point unless it is a double lp… not such a bad thing as it is quite amazing that they have all the tapes after all these years!!!

1 Like

I really dig the vox version.

1 Like

I’m confused a bit by all of this - the vox version has been taken down by YouTube and the only versions available to buy are instrumental (wish I’d ripped it when I had the chance :frowning_face: ) Is it ever going to be released? Do we think it’s not really P-Funk anyway?? Does that matter???