Upcoming "House Guests" Album

The “Bone” And “Razor”

1 Like

Yeah that’s it. I follow the channel that was posted on. It’s also the only channel with the new Houseguest compilation on it (albeit only about half of it). That channel has some deep cuts on it. I’m fairly certain I’ve found some P thangs on there I didn’t know about.

1 Like

Thanks for the link @silentboatman , def sounds newer… A mark-2 House Guests release in the works, I wonder?

Great stuff @MrSuperNobody, must track this release down.

1 Like

:point_up:t3:Cheers, tbh I would rather go for a couple of those King reissues than the newer stuffs.’ Thr Drunk’ Pts 1/2 the ‘More mess on my thang’ and ‘Love,Power And Peace’ albums look really Funky to me a might need to get a little loan hut to keep up!?!

This is awesome. I’ve got the vinyl and have been hoping to get this digitally. Thanks for posting it!!

1 Like

I’ve listened to that album at a friend’s house. It was really good and I’m sure some of those recordings will be heard through the speakers of Night Clubs everywhere.

1 Like

:point_up:t3:I completely missed this reissue 7” at the time and now it goes for big bucks!:roll_eyes:

Thanks Mr.

Got a question for everyone else. My computer is having problems with this file. It can play through, but I can’t manipulate (like changing format, volume, cutting to individual tracks) it with any of my usual apps - xilisoft audio converter, itunes, mp3/wav cutter, foobar, audacity. They act like it’s corrupt. but it’s not because it plays just fine! Has anyone else tried doing anything besides listening to it? If so, what has been successful?

1 Like

I downloaded it and drag&dropped it straight into audacity and it worked fine for me. U might need ffmpeg but i assume you already knew that considering I haven’t heard of half of the programs you listed lol

I got this figured out with wavpack. Not hard to learn at all. Let me just say that these are now THE definitive versions of all the pre-p-funk Bootsy songs. These are (obviously) much better than the ones sourced from the original vinyl singles, and even slightly better than the few someone had ripped back in August on youtube. This is also the first time the full version of Together in Heaven, and part 2 of Fun in Your Thang, had ever made an appearance on the internet. Well done, @MrSuperNobody!

1 Like

:point_up:t3:Great, I’m pretty sure ‘funnin your thing’ is cut from vinyl although the rest of the album is from tape. I have previously shared a rip of my “Bootsy,Phelps & the complete strangers” 7”, though not on youtube. ‘What so never the dance’ sounds the same as the pt1 (only and slightly damaged tape!?!) issued previously by Bootsy on his anthology release. I also think these hi-res rips are way superior to anything you might find on the “mp3” quality and less YT channels etc!
The only favour I would ask of you is not to convert to less than cd quality and please don’t redistribute them publically, I hope you don’t mind but I always put extra effort in getting the best audio quality I can when recording and I would like them to retain some of their integrity. I have also taken down the link to ‘wetransfer’ as it expired after seven days. Thanks!:metal:t3:

1 Like