The Meeces to Pieces reference

Yeah “meeces” is a made up plural form of mouse. Pixie and Dixie from that cartoon @FreedomFlower pointed out are the meeces.

pixie-and-dixie

And I found this about Mr Jinks the cat on the Hanna Barbera wiki:

Mr. Jinks is a character in The Huckleberry Hound Show. He is the cat who constantly chases Pixie and Dixie, of whom he routinely said, “I hate meeces to pieces!”

3 Likes

‘Aint your average Huckleberry hound’ - Atomic Dog

4 Likes

Lyrical side note re : she’s a mermaid (Rita) / Rita the Mermaid.
When the album first came out and My Brother and I went over all the characters in the songs and on the cover art, Rita the Mermaid hit like , Ok there’s not a lot of Ritas out there- but it flows. Recently however it hit me - is it possible George was doing one of his Beatles song Name checks with a flip?
Was Rita the METER MAID Of the Beatles lexicon flipped into the P Funk world with George’s usual word play? Especially how Mr Wiggles Pronounces it .
George references the Beatles here and there - Even A Day in the Life gets a nod in Knee Deep on the Guitar Solo.

1 Like

George loves them Beatles. Sure, who doesn’t. He’s acknowledged their influence and there’s a few nods and artful theft here, there and everywhere :wink:

He also says he loves Cream. I don’t. I’m glad I can’t see any Clapton references. Can’t stand em :joy:

I’m glad Eddie covers She’s So Heavy on his solo album. My favourite Beatles cover.

much later

Oh…sunshine of your love… Balls!

Oh well I never liked that anyways. :grinning:

1 Like