Repress of Mothership Konnection (the Kon remix)

They made a repress of the Mothership Konnection 7" (the Kon remix). After it was released last year it went for crazy high prices, so I secured a copy straight away (from discogs).

Kon made this remix back in november 2012 and it’s allegedly from the original stems.

4 Likes

That’s fascinating. Some of the almost inaudible vocal chatter on the original that was so far down in the mix has been brought out.

2 Likes

Really cool remix. Sounds like something that could have been on Reworked By Detroiters but a Parliament version :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Nice. Would like to hear the b-side too. Got curious about Kon, did some poking around and found this:

Nice find! Here’s a clip from the b-side - Instrumental Dub.

https://aboveboarddist.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/B.-Mothership-Connection-Casertas-Instrumental-Dub.mp3
(from Above Board Distribution)

Would be awesome with Reworked By Detroiters 2 with only Parliament tracks.

1 Like

CheersI Yeah respectfully done. think I used most of my monthly data listening to this on repeat!?!

Somewhat after the event but related (and well worth a listen): https://soundcloud.com/kon/parlet-pleasure-principle-kon

1 Like

Yeah I was checking out his soundcloud not too long ago. That one is dope.

I think the multi-tracks for the first “Brides” album have been available (unofficially!) for quite a while, the “knee deep” ones are also out there… I might try a get a high quality remix or two of title track, maybe acapella & guitar mixes as the ones I already heard on YT are were very enjoyable.

1 Like

IMO The thing with remixing old classic tracks is the novelty soon wears off, and then your just left with more appreciation for the original.

1 Like

Anyone know what version this is? Funkadelic ..Swing Down, Sweet Chariot"..1977 - YouTube

Obviously its got the wrong name on that youtube link, and its also not on the compilation album pictured either.

A friend of mine asked me about it last night. At first I though it was the Kon remix but its not quite the same.

1 Like

Interesting! Yeah there’s some differences, but it’s definitely Kon. I found on soundcloud that he posted it about 8 years ago.

1 Like