Rare vinyl-only remixes

no idea - if I had heard them, I could say, but I don’t think anyone here has heard them!

The Jim Callon 12”(bootleg?) is just the regular mixes!

So just to be clear, they are not anything special that we need to be hunting down?

Run times suggest they are different mixes-

GOYAAJ is 2:27 on the album, 4:00 on the single.
RHM is 4:55 on the album, 4:09 on the single.

Ooops! Yeah my bad “Get Off Your Ass” has a naff edit so the tune kinda just repeats itself. “Red hot” is same as album tho!

So it appears I don’t have it. Couldn’t find it. Maybe it was just me wishing I had it. :laughing: Sorry for getting your hopes up.

1 Like

“Red Hot” contains the spoken intro from album which probably accounts for the extra seconds and also a little preview of the “Get Off” extended edit side!

Stonedar pointed out that the version on this LP is shorter than the album version though, not longer. The “extra seconds” are on the album, not on this single. So if this version is ~46 seconds shorter, and it contains the spoken intro, then there’s 46 seconds of music cut somewhere.

I probably wasn’t very clear in my previous comment…I don’t know what to say about the recorded track times… except that “Red Hot” track on the Jim Callon bootleg 12” single is “exactly” the same cut as the Funkadelic 7” and the album versions, The spoken intro from the album isn’t included on the bootleg 12” like on the 7” release. Also I question whether this bootleg is even cut from tape as it doesn’t sound anything special.

Just checking, any luck getting set up to rip vinyl? I’m tempted to buy these records myself and a turntable!

1 Like

Hey @darkerthanblue, it’s been a while, are you still with us?

I’m really itching to get the tracks from these three releases. I confiscated a record player from a bad tenant who left some stuff behind. I don’t know if it even works. Probably doesn’t. But it makes me feel like buying these three releases just to see. I’ve found one of each for a reasonable price on Discogs. In total they would cost me $71CAD which is really not even that bad, but it drives me nuts that literally 85% of that is just the shipping cost. Plus, I might get them and find out I need to get a working turntable, or, if this one works, then I have to find new homes for these records when I’m done with them. Either way, not desirable. So hopefully you’re still watching these boards and you’ll help out with some rips soon!

Bought a cheap copy of Da Bomb City vol 1. Hopefully it’s not beat-up too much :slightly_smiling_face:. I’ll let you know when get it!

ALERT!

Quantum Leap is on Soulseek right now.

Why am I posting this here and not just downloading it myself and sharing with y’all?

Because I woke up this morning and found the notification “File Not Shared” next to the download request. Usually that means the user made the decision not to share with me. I don’t know why. But some people are very particular about who they share with and they believe they have their reasons. All he had to do was nothing, and I’d have finally had the song.

Anyway, any of you who are on Soulseek should go now and search “Ron Ford Quantum Leap” and if the used Brass.Smoke.Funk is online you’ll find it (he is now) - he seems to have a large download queue - I was at 700+ this time yesterday, then ~200th by bedtime - woke up thinking i’d have the song but was instead rejected.

If a couple others from this forum go in and click to download the track, there’s a good chance we’ll get it. Either he will approve of you by whatever criteria he used to disapprove of me, or he will just not be around to reject you and the transfer will go through.

Good luck, and if you get the song… you know what to do.

1 Like

I’ll let you know if I’m able to get it.