Quarantine Project - P-funk projects that did not get a physical release

Yeah he tried to get us with that fundraiser but I didn’t go for it.
He did a promo for it where he was showing the tapes of the uneditied Parliament Live album. I’m talking about the L.A. & Oakland shows from '77 in their entirety. Like he was going to put them out. Now that would have been something indeed.
Tracey had issues with the releases of both Trick Tracey and the other one, R&B Boy. Something about them being unauthorized. Lucky for me I was able to snag the one that was up on myspace. I probably should not admit that I did & do feel some guilt but it is what it is. Here is the track listing:

Baby Come Here
Country “G”
Golden Door
Heavenly Eyes (remix)
I Wanna Know
In My Suburbs
It’s Growing
Lewd Axe- went on to become DaDa on MFD
LewdyPooDaaPimp
Manufactured Crackheads-not to be confused with another track he does called “Crackheads”
Sexy

I am a huge Trey Lewd fan, some may disagree with my tactics but I can live with that. Tracey is a hugely underrated talent.
Interestingly enough, last night I was for some reason compelled to cue up Sample Somma Discs. Good Gawd some of these licks are the funkiest stuff you’ll ever hear. I can not even begin to imagine what George was sitting on. There must be an enormous amount of incredible music that ended up on the cutting room floor. All those cats just constantly cutting and cutting. We will never know. Maybe somewhere in eternity I’ll encounter these grooves on another astral plane, certainly not whilst trapped in this mortal coil lol.

2 Likes