Parliament-Funkadelic Live 1976-1993 (4CD)

Parliament - Funkadelic, George Clinton & P-Funk All Stars ‎– Live Greatest Hits 1972-1993
This is the version I have

1 Like

I have the Japanese version on cd. Happy to share, but need some guidance on zipping, uploading, etc.

:point_up:t3:Thinking about the Box sets made me go and playFunkadelic - comin’ Round the mountain” from ‘Rocky Mountainn shakedown’ it is Funky I can see why they included that and the sugar shack tracks great bootlegs!?! Oh yeah the live version of Cholly’ ‘Funk get ready to roll’ from the cd box set is on repeat in my tape player!:metal:t3:

1 Like

That would be great! I’ll message you with some pointers/suggestions.

Now I gotta dig up that Rocky Mountain Shakedown boot. Got inspired! If I remember correctly, it got great sound.

1 Like

Looks like @silentboatman has you covered. Just wanted to say thanks in advance. I know a lot of us here would really like to hear that version. The motherpage says it’s definitely the best version overall.

Thanks to @silentboatman’s guidance, Japanese live set ready to share. Message me.

2 Likes

I’ve had a chance to go through the Japanese live set and just like I did with the USA version, I found some mistakes that are worth knowing for anyone considering buying their own physical copy of it.

http://mother.pfunkarchive.com/motherpage/albums_gcarchival/alb-4cdlivejv.html

0101 - Funkentelechy - listed as (J, U) should be (J, U, E) - it’s the same version on all three releases
0206 - Children Of Production - listed as (J) should be (J, U, E) - it’s the same version on all three release
0207 - Atomic Dog - listed as (J, U), should be (J, U, E)
0212 - Gamin’ On Ya - listed as (J, U) should be (J, U, E)
0213 - Put Your Hands Together - listed as (E?) - should be (J, U, E)
0214 - Dog You Out - listed as (J) - should be (J, U, E)

I own the easiest to obtain European version, plus the unique tracks from the US version. At that time, I identified 1:42 worth of recordings on the US version not found on the European version. Similarly, through the lens of someone who now “has” the other two, there is 1:44 worth of unique recordings left to pull from the Japanese version. They are:

0103 Maggot Brain
0105 Cholly (Funk Gettin’ Ready To Roll)
0107 Flash Light
0201 Mothership Connection (Star Child)
0202 Give Up the Funk (Tear the Roof off the Sucker)
0208 Maceo, Not Charlie
0301 Red Hot Mama
0303 Standing On the Verge Of Getting It On
0404 US Customs Coast Guard Dope Dog
0406 Lampin… Microphone Fiend… Underground Angel
0408 I Got a Thing, You Got a Thing, Everybody Got a Thing

Interestingly, Give Up the Funk, Red Hot Mama, Maggot Brain, Mothership Connection, and Flash Light are the only five songs for which there is a different version on each release. The rest are split as follows: about 2/3 are on all three, and about 1/3 are on just one version.

The best overall version is probably the japanese. but the best bang for the buck is the European. if you have none of them and money to spend. start with the japanese, then decide if about 1:45 of unheard music is worth the price for each of the other two. If you already have the US or Euro version, the japanese is very poor value considering its price and the fact that less than half of it is redundant.

1 Like

Great info , pretty sure mine is US version MP3 . Thanks for corrections

1 Like

I’m really late to this thread. I’ve got the easily available UK version and listen to that all the time. Are the unique tracks from the US and Japanese versions available anywhere? I’d love to compile the complete set. Looks like the link from above is dead. Thanks in advance.

I’ve got you covered there. I still have the original zip files as they were sent to me.

This takes up over half my free dropbox account, so please take them fast, and please let me know when you have!

2 Likes

Thanks, kind sir. I sincerely appreciate it. I was able to get the 2nd file (Parlia.rar) to work but all I get when I click the 1st link is a picture of Bigfoot roasting a marshmallow and a message that says “file is uploading.” Been on that for about 15 minutes. Have tried in Chrome, IE, and on my mobile. Same result on each. If I open through the app it says this type of file isn’t supported.

Suggestions?

That’s not a mistake. It actually is still uploading. Keep trying! You’ll know when it’s ready.

1 Like

Got them! Thanks so much. This is awesome. I sincerely appreciate it.

Good to hear. Let me know if they are not the right files. I couldn’t open them on my computer tonight. I seem to remember that one of them at least needed me to have a different zip opener. I’ve since deleted the program since that was the one time I ever needed it. I sent those two based on the file names, I’m about 90% sure that they are correct but if they’re not let me know.

I will try and dive into them tomorrow night. In did have to download WinRar to get the one to open. Thanks again!

Files look good. The only one I couldn’t get to extract was 4-04 Dope Dogs on the Japanese version. No biggie. The rest you shared is plenty! Thanks again.

Just checked my collection, I’ve got the UK and US editions but not the Japanese one…

1 Like

Wow - I know I am late to the party but any chance you could reshape those files? I too have the EU version and would love to hear the unique tracks from the other 2 versions. I listen to this set almost daily! Thanks!

I got you covered :wink: . Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Thank you so much! Appreciate it!