P-Funk Video Clips!?!

I’d love to know the story behind the Joni Wilson 45. It sounds like the exact music from The Parliaments version.
And its easy to tell who the axeman is Jesse came up listening to.

1 Like

Yeah! It’s the same music and backing vocals… Rhythmn & Business George Clinton style, kinda shows that even early on he never missed a chance to exploit different record labels with some of his “recycling” slight change of the title and the lead singer and he probably got paid twice… ‘enigmatic productions’ indeed!?!

Soul Mate.

2 Likes

Yeah that D’Angelo clip is great!

I hadn’t seen that Burger King ad with GC. Funny stuff. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

:point_up:t3:D’angelo nah! Not really my thang, I personally do not understand his popularity, most of the people I know who like him don’t really know or dig Parliament Funkadelic. Each to his own. I really love Soul Mate as a song and thought I would link to it’s inst and a couple of other out takes… I hadn’t seen the Ad with George in before, I am glad you like it tho!!!

And D’Angelo himself is a huge P-Funk head, I once heard him say in an interview it come down to EWF vs PF. And he is more of a Funkadelic.

1 Like

9 posts were split to a new topic: General Caine and Manace

PJs theme. Not a video performance but…

2 Likes
1 Like

:point_up:t3:I think these two songs compliment each other so well and belong together, also both do have a little of that “Funkadelic Sound”:metal:t3:

1 Like

:point_up:t3:Only The Temps could do Psycha-Funkadelic-Soul better than The US Funk Mob…

2 Likes

P-Video!?! Damn I remember taping this when it was first broadcast on tv.

I am just watching this at the moment, seems okay!!!

1 Like

Hadn’t seen that before. Thanks!

2 Likes

I think it had just been upped, I got through about a third of it. Very low budget but definitely need to finish watching it. I know I may have mentioned before but the recent Quazar cd reissue is great quality unlike the inferior 90’s P-Vine “issue” which was cut from vinyl.

1 Like

:star:Shake what you brought witcha! you know what it’s gonna getcha!
Shake what you brought witchoo! You know what that’ll getcha!”:star:

:point_up:t3:And another old favourite for Funkadelic Friday!?!

1 Like
1 Like

I can remember freaking out when I heard this (inst?) in a club in the late eighties… I actually though it was a instrumental remix of BodySlam!:man_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes