P-funk tributes/covers?

Nah I totally hear Biological Speculation in there haha. Sounds fairly similar to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, it’s totally biological speculation.

I mean it’s similar enough that all three of us picked up on it, right?

2 Likes

“Y’all see his point…?”
“Y’all see his point.”

1 Like

Perhaps not exactly what you were asking for, but The Red Hot Chili Peppers used to do alot of short PFunk covers live.

This show has Dr. Funkenstein, If You Got Funk, You Got Style and Red-Hot Momma

I love Frusciante from this time!

3 Likes

Haha yeah their P-Funk covers are great! I especially like the If You Got Funk cover from that show. Here’s another good Chili Pepper cover where Anthony actually wrote his own lyrics for Thumpasorus Peoples lol. Pretty short but pretty dope

2 Likes

Great stuff. @JordanianEmbassy, did you see that pfunk’s (seemingly/potentially) new guitarist reminds of a young Frusciante? :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah I did see that! I’m guessing he’ll be with them when then finally get to finish the tour?

Wow! Just saw this on insta… there is a westbound 7” issue of it, which is why it also appears on a recent-ish “westbound breaks” compilation…

1 Like
3 Likes

I’d almost forgot about this one!

This is gonna give me a lot to hunt down on Soulseek!

1 Like

I personally think General Kane should have left Flashlight alone. It is one of them jams nobody should attempt to remake and release.

2 Likes

I gotta say, I enjoyed the version of Flashlight they did with Busta and Q-Tip on Greatest Funkin Hits and I’ve heard a few decent samplings of it. Obviously none are gonna top the original but :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yeah I forgot about that one I can halfway get into.

Yeah! It’s not the greatest cover!

I love that album. In particular that jam and the ‘Cube one - and it’s awesome video.

Oh and Plush Funk…

‘Hildaaaa, have you heard of the new plush funk?

‘Is that the one with the booty body?

‘I do believe so. What do you think, Henrietta?

Class. Still one of my favourites, still loving them accents :grinning:

3 Likes

Yeah I really wish Sterling Silver Starship had actually materialized into a full project like Brides, Parlet, or Godmoma

1 Like

I sold my copy of this album recently dunno tbh I don’t remember ever playing it… Bit of a Bootsy voice in the beginning of one track… dunno some of it’s kinda imitation Pee!?!

1 Like