Nosey Nose lyrics

Here’s my take on Nosey Knows. (I italicized stuff I heard differently from @ChrisB)

Nosey Knows

[No fibs I’m over all other foes, so it be while others doze.
[Eyes-eyes-a-eyes(?)] he did not close. [In(?)], again and again, overplaying, he goes to select that mode while clone grows flows, while into the mix some own throws. [But(?)] the motor-booty, big-butt-bomb, blow, as then, and then -en at that moment the place in time, funk where forever we froze

Hardcore picking up on just-like-a-Pinocchio.

As was flace the fleece, there was a golden gose, who Moses sent him free. Burned into the gold, most of it is told at the story coast. Come the day after new sun had arose. Down, way down North how the river grows it up South. How the bird knows one fair place, the magical rivers. A palm against the forces who ain’t. “Who so ever behold go hold, now, forever and [for-ensures(?)] In that body for forever, [(forever) flows(?)], He’ll now take his feeling toe-to-toes. He knows he’s nosey, so he knows. He knows Nosey knows. Nosey knows, nose, Nosey no-knows Nosey No-Nose, Nosey knows Nozy, not to be [seen in those third nose club(?)]. As he’s drinking, the moat, it flows too.

From his head down to his toes, Nose fear him, Nose fear him It is while others doen and I clone.

Deep Voice: As all light blows, as all light goes. Who the one that has the motor booty

Deep Voice: just gr- oh, yes… Nose knows he a no one. All light glows… all I owes… Ah…

3 Likes

@Phunklord_Siege I’ll try to bold the differences. The biggest difference is around 3:00 (the “as the story goes” part.

Nosey Nose

[1:59] No [capes?] says I’m over all other foes, so it’d be while others doze,

I’m still not sure about the “fibs” part.

[2:05] eyes-eye-a-eyes he did not close. [In?], again and again, overplayin’, he goes to select, that [model/mode?], while [plump bruel?] [flows?], into the [mix?], some [others?] throws. [Boppin’?] the motor-booty, big-butt-bomb, [’plode?], as then, and then, [and?], then at that moment the [place n’?] time, funk [would?] forever be froze.

[2:32] He go fakin’ the funk just-like-a-Pinocchio

[3:02] As [we/he place?] the [fleece?], there was a golden [nose?], so [Moses set him free?]. Burned within a golden rose, with his toe, as the story goes. Come the day after new sun a-rose. Down, way down North, up river, [frozen?] up South.

[3:16] Even a bird [goes/knows?] once [there play/place?] the magic word, a palm against the [princes’ noses?], [but, wait a minute?], “Who so ever behold [glory whole?], now and forever and [for-ensures] [for within that body?] funk forever, [(forever) flows?], [for now sacred spell bestows?]”.

[3:30] Nosey, [he?] nosey, so he knows, he knows Nosey knows. Nosey knows Nose knows he no-knows, Nosey knows nosey, not to be seen [with?] ol’ Sir Nose-ta.

[3:40] As he [struck a familiar pose?], cool. Cool, way past chill. [Nosey spreads/dreads he shows?]. Knowing true, they [Nose knows Nose, again, not to flow?]. Hip, it is funk, it is [it?], power grows, doin’ what [knows?] better than me.

[3:52] Nose, [so he sighin’], now the funk will and must dispose, as funk runs through him, from his head down to his toes, Nose fear, Nose fear him [slip over?] all others [oh so it is while?]; all others [dumb/done?], all others died, [eyes he cannot close/clone?].

Where are these? I’m guessing the first one is in the beginning.

[0:40] P-in’ it on the one, as all [light/night glows?], as all [like the hoes?].

I still think it’s “hoes”, as I was thinking this could have been (recycled?) from Upsouth. Like George mentioned in that 1985 interview:

See, it’s about funny farming, hoeing in concrete, and the Vacaville Thrill, where they drill into your will, cut into your consciousness, and dissect your dreams. Because that’s what they’re all about now. The Hinckleys and all those that go out and shoot people—they’re not just nuts. They are the product of somebody pushing buttons.

I don’t fully understand what’s going on in this, but I was thinking that Nosey(?) is under some mind control, hence why they are doing things like setting off “big-butt-bombs”, has “eyes he cannot close”, and all the variations of “Nosey knows not”, like he’s been programmed but is unaware of it. However, I’m not sure if Nosey(?) is against the funk, or how the “story” section ties into it.

Where can I actually hear the song? @ChrisB

Welcome to the forum @SirNoseALot! I don’t think it is posted online, so I found it using using peer-to-peer file sharing, via SoulSeek, in a group of tracks labeled “mammoth sessions”. The song might also be labeled “Nosey Knows”.

2 Likes

Here is what I think the lyrics actually are:

Now check this out!
Those who knows and knows he knows, knows not.
Those who know not and those they know not knows.
Snot logical goes like this.
Now suppose Nose knows why in the funk would he be chose.
Would he, could he, should he disclose, all that he knows Nose knows he knows?
Nose knows he no knows. As all light glows and all night flows
To the One dance to the rhythm, to the beat that goes
Bump into just groove throw your ass and move
To funk it on the floor. In and on the One and all night blows and all light glows, through Funk, Nose knows no funk!
Crow’s nose, the funk blows nose. Nose knows he no knows.
Knows he Nose knows blows. Funk knows Nose, who knows Nose knows Nose.
Nose he knows it, now Nose he knows of the funk he must DISPOSE!

Those who knows not, knows he knows not, Nose!
Those who knows he knows he knows he knows not!
Those he knows not, knows he knows not, Nose!

Knows he nosey, so he knows, he knows Nose he knows, Nose’s nose grow, Nose he knows no nose, Nose he knows nose
Now we see with ol’ Sir Nose’d, as he chugs half a million foes cool way past him, no sweat he shows
Knowing true he knows, Nose knows he cannot disclose
It is Funk it is it, power, power grows, no one but he, better than he knows
What’s better than having the funk found in one
He disclose as Funk runs through him, from his head down to his toes, no fear
Nose gains nothing but the power I suppose, so he’d be wise other fellas, nine times, nine times he did not close
And again and again, to the planet he knows to effect, that all the while the Funk grows close, into the big some other’s throws
Boppin motor booty to butt bomb, blow!
And then, and then, and then at that moment and that place in time funk will forever be froze!

Those who know and they know that they know they don’t know
Those who don’t know will notice that he don’t know no know
He go fakin the funk just like the Pinocchio
Makin that the nose grow out the window
He be thinkin’ no every time they think they know
We ain’t nosey I suppose he just don’t know
As much as he be thinkin he knows
Plus they think they know about that George Clinton funk
And that Lady Abstract flow but they don’t know that
Those who knows not, they knows he knows not, Nose!

As the paper’s placed, there was a golden nose so long as they refuse
Burned into the golden rose and with his toe, as the story goes, come the day after new sun arose
Now way down north up the river flow slid up Nose, then a bird knows one they are playing the magic Nose
A pauper get’s the prince’s nose, Nose, but no, whosoever beholds glory knows not forever being chose, for within that phonic Funk forever flow (forever flow)
For now sacred tale is told
Knows he nosey, so he knows, he knows Nose he knows, Nose’s nose grow, Nose he knows no nose, Nose he knows nose
Now we see with ol’ Sir Nose’d, as he chugs half a million foes too cool way past him, no sweat he shows
Knowing true he knows, Nose knows he cannot disclose
It, it is Funk it is it, power, power grows, no one but he, better than he knows
So he climb, now the funk will and must dispose, as funk runs through him, from his head down to his toes
Nose fear, those fear him step over all other foes so it is why others don’t (others don’t), and eyes are not closed
Yea, again, again and again, on a plan he goes to select, that mover-weapon, Funk, throws blows into the mix some other
He throws motor, motor boppin’ motor booty big butt bomb blows, and then,
At that moment (at that moment) and that place in time (place in time) funk will forever (will forever) be froze!

Those who knows not, knows he knows not, Nose! (continue until fade-out)

Yea… it’s like bones, it’s all light blows, it’s all night Funk to the One, that’s motorbooty, who knows not Nose.
Just throw your blows, through the no-nose flow bendin’ on the One, all night flows, all light glows, hehehaha.
Nose he knows so he knows he knows. He knows he knows, Nose knows he nosey, so he knows Nose he knows. Nose he knows no… (fade out)

1 Like

From what I can tell, this song is NOT about a new character called Nosey. It’s about ol’ Sir Nose as he seeks to dispose the Funk once and for all. Nose, he knows not the Funk.

1 Like

It would not surprise me if it is Sir Nose. (Gloryhallastoopid has “Snasty No Nose”, but I don’t notice anything about “Snasty”.) However, I don’t understand if “funk runs through him from his head down to his toes” (related to the bop gun?), why he’d still interested in disposing the funk. I would have thought that a “motor booty big butt bomb” would get people moving their booties, rather than freezing the funk. (Although, maybe I’m misunderstanding and haven’t studied the plot of Motor-Booty Affair closely enough.)

1 Like

It IS related to the bop gun it seems. As for the Motor Booty affair, I think I remember something about Sir Nose sending Rumpofsteelskin and the Motor Booty Lady to throw motor booty bombs on Atlantis, presumably to destroy it.
“Rumpofsteelskin, he don’t know that he can’t win! His motor booty lady is NEVER gonna blow us up!” -Rumpofsteelskin (the song)
“Mr. Wiggles was using the rhythms of Psychoalphadiscobetabioaquadooloop to rearrange the molecular structure of Rump’s “don’t try it” megatons, causing an explosion of liquid sunshine without going through the big bang, thus creating the Big Dance, which certainly raised our consciousness to the top” - Gloryhallastoopid comic

2 Likes

So from what I can piece together, Sir Nose, Rumpofsteelskin and Motor Booty Lady were planning to destroy Atlantis, Mr. Wiggles the Worm did something to the Motor Booty Bombs, and led to the Motor Booty Affair that ultimately raised Atlantis to the top with a bump and a bop.
Either way, it seems to imply that no matter how many times Sir Nose is hit with the bop gun, he will never truly know the Funk. There’s even an implication that in Trombipulation he is faking the funk, since in one magazine I remember “trombipulation” is defined as “the act of perfectly faking the funk”.

2 Likes

`

`
He will continue to be D'voidoffunk..

The Trombipulation liner notes also end with this gem in a letter from Sir Nose:

With Starchild gone I do feel,
the whole funkmob is mine to steal.
Now I’ve laid a master plan,
soon to be that ladies man.
Chasing the women from north to south,
everybody knows its about that mouth.
On my way to funk and profit,
I peeked-the groove and he can’t stop it.

Profiting off the funk… funk is not domestically produced!

3 Likes

U.S. Custom Coast Guard Dope Dog - YouTube
I just noticed a mention of the “golden nose” in this song

Canine controlled substance retriever, reciever of the Golden Nose award for leadin’ em to the cash, cashin’ in on the stash.

1 Like

:thinking: I’ve noticed it too, but I couldn’t come up with a deeper connection between them (besides wild speculation). It is, however, why I initially gravitated towards “police”/“fleet” instead of “fleece”. Also, the alternative versions on the Dope Dog EP, while interesting, were also dead ends on this point (unless I missed something).

Anyways, as an unrelated aside, here’s a video that I thought might relate to Nosey Nose (and Poo Poo Strut too?): “He Who Knows Nose.” (Relevant clips at 0:44 and 2:35.)

2 Likes

It was also used in this Gene Anderson feat. George Clinton Song: Poo Poo Strut, the lyrics start at 2:40s - there is also a remix, it starts also at 2:40s there:

1 Like