New Bootsy Album

This is good news. For the last month every few days I’ve been checking places like Amazon for a pre-order and it hasn’t been showing up anywhere. In fact there’s not many mentions of it anywhere on the internet since it was announced. I was starting to seriously worry that the imminence of its release had been greatly overstated.

1 Like

That is good news. So I suppose they’re not using the competition artwork for the album, since they used it for the single. Would be confusing if they used the same artwork for both. :grin:

I actually hadn’t even thought about that. I’m 99% sure he said the contest was for the album so it is kinda interesting they used it for the single

It’s official boys n gorls! New album is out Oct 23

1 Like

Daaaaaaaamn!!! I bet that mutha really flyz!!!

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CE5cw7cAeuo/?igshid=1alvpuxbi5ab

1 Like

Wow!! For the album release party, damn!

Yeah, if Bootsy says its coming it usually is on time. Now, if The Dr says it, it could be 35 years or it may never come out. He seems to have stopped talking about the whole “One Nation Under Sedation” altogether after insisting it would be out about 6 months after MFD.

2 Likes

Lol. Yeah Doc was talkin about “pandemic ain’t gonna stop us from gettin this album out” but uh… not much word on it since then…

1 Like

There’s now a listing for Bootsy’s new album on Amazon. It’s not available for pre-order or anything for whatever reason, but it’s got a track listing and whatnot. Looks like it includes a cover of Sly Stone’s If You Want Me To Stay.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H58B4F8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_y0JxFb76B81A4

1 Like

There’s some great track names, like Funktropolis and Bootsy Off Broadway. :grin:

2 Likes

Looks like I spoke too soon. Just went up for pre-order on Amazon. Now I just have to wait 5-6 weeks for some fresh P…

Some stuff related to the album release live stream have been added to thebootcave.com/shop .

1 Like

Interesting… curious if any of y’all plan on buying one of these bundles or just the pass for what-have-you? Frankly, I’m not entirely clear on what some of the bundles contain but ya know…

In case y’all haven’t seen it yet. Very Brian Culbertson XX vibes lol. If you’ve listened to that album, then you definitely already knew (like I did) that he was a feature long before seeing his name in the credits.

2 Likes

I like it! It’s looking good for the album.

Think I’ll just get that livestream thing. What I wanna get is the vinyl, but I’m starting to worry that it won’t be any.

1 Like

He tweeted out a link to this Rolling Stones article which says we’ll get vinyl for it some time in December

1 Like

Where are y’all seeing the tracklist at? All I am seeing is the pic of the cover.

1. Funk Formula 1
  2. The Power Of The One
  3. Slide Eazy
  4. Creepin’
  5. Jam On
  6. Lips Turn Blue
  7. Funkship Area-51
  8. Bewise
  9. Soul Not 4 Sale
  10. Club Funkateers
  11. WantMe2Stay
  12. Funktropolis
  13. Wishing Well
  14. Bootsy Off Broadway
  15. Stargate
  16. Stolen Dreams

The tracklist is from the amazon link that @Phunklord_Siege posted.

Yes that is what I clicked on but not getting set list. Thank y’all for posting it.

1 Like