Motown session dates

What happened to the Motown session info. Is it returning?

Welcome to the forum @dvdmike!

Not sure exactly what you’re referring to. Are you talking about a topic here on the forum?

This site published discographies and session dates on Motown artists. It was clearly on this site. How anyone could have missed it is beyond me.

@silentboatman is the admin and moderator here, and even he doesn’t recall this. Are you perhaps confusing it with another forum? Any ballpark time-frame with regard to when you recall seeing it here? Which Motown artists? This forum is devoted to Parliament Funkadelic who - as The Parliaments - never released any sides on the Motown label. That said, George Clinton did work for Berry Gordy’s publishing house and had a number of compositions recorded by a few Motown acts. Is this what you recall seeing here?

Just trying to help. Any additional details would likely assist.

1 Like

Are you maybe thinking about pfunkportal.com? We talked about that page in this topic. It had a couple of Motown artists on there.

That page seems to be down again, but it’s possible to see what it looks like over at the Wayback Machine.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen Motown session info in this forum. Here’s a link to a website that has some Motown session info: http://www.dftmc.info/index.html

For example, a Parliaments entry from that page:

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

I can’t enter pfunkportal.com. I could before, but now I can’t.