Donnie Sterling & Tracey have collaborated in a new band

And I don’t know how it slipped past me as I really respect them both as musicians. This group has apparently been together for some time, they have an album on spotify.

www.thap-union.com/

4 Likes

And the album is on spotify…

Worth a listen? You decide…

2 Likes

As with all things Tracey, this may not hit you at first. But upon repeated listen I totally get it. Favorite is Ellie Mae.

2 Likes

Hey, me too. Great tune.

2 Likes

This record is a delightfully warped voyage into the twisted lyrical genius mind of one 3X nasty Tracey Lewis. I mean, Auntie? C’mon. This stuff is classic Trey Lewd.

3 Likes

You got that right, man.

Hey OoobooBeeDoop, a while back you mentioned having a digital copy of Adventures of Trick Tracey - as a fellow true Trey Lewd appreciator i was wondering if you’d be willing (able?) to share it? Probably a more-than-cheeky request i know, and as you mentioned perhaps ethically questionable (?!) but i thought i’d ask anyway…

1 Like

Is there a high quality download available to buy anywhere?

Its available as mp3 on amazon - I’m kinda hoping for flacs though

Been away awhile, came across this https://open.spotify.com/album/7y6J9UeM9GfZ0PPgrWUe3B?si=WWo0RLXkTrC30n3tMBQFlg last month, a much better version of the album than the initial release in my humble, with previous standout track Ellie Mae joined by Thang Thang, Union Brain & Parliafunkadelicunionthang on my playlist. Check it out.

4 Likes

That Ellie Mae is outrageous 3X nasty Tracey. The whole album slams and is deserving of another listen tonight.

2 Likes

Is this a completely redone album with new versions of the old songs, with some new ones added?

For whatever reason I cannot access this through the spotify link. Maybe due to location? I previously bought this in May 2020 on itunes but it doesn’t seem to be available anywhere else - just wondering if there’s a way to buy it (if it’s all new material) or another way to listen beyond just streaming it.

1 Like

I think spotify is down right now

I checked them all out on youtube - looks like the 15 tracks on Re-flushit are as follows:

2 - exact duplicate from previous version (Auntie & Ellie Mae)
5 - remixes/remakes from previous version
8 - new, unique songs

I like them at first listen. very well produced. Nice and punchy.

1 Like

Both albums are still up there. Have not had the chance to analyze the differences but P-Funk City is much longer and it’s got more GC in it I think.

Track list for Re-FLUSH IT, which is purchasable through napster & amazon.com (tho not to those of us in the UK, so grateful for its avilabaility on spotify :slight_smile: - with tracks 1, 2, 5, 9, 10, 12 & 15 the standout cuts).

1. P Funk City
  2. Flush It
  3. Party Me Up
  4. Knees
  5. Thang Thang (The Do over)
  6. That Stank
  7. Make a Deal
  8. Uncle Funk
  9. Union Brain
  10. Parliafunkadelicunionthang
    11.Funkin in Ma Sleep
  11. Aqua Booty
  12. Aquanet & Sista Giggles
  13. Auntie
  14. Ellie Mae

Wow! I was hanging for some new Treylewd and had been sleeping on these albums which are seriously funky. Also got me onto Binky Womack! Thanks!

2 Likes

Any idea who’s playing on this funkateers?

Hm, donno. Will check if I can find some contact info, so we can ask them. Welcome to the forum @tommo!

1 Like

Cheers @silentboatman. Excellent forum!

1 Like

I wuz mostly after the guitar- I’m pretty sure it’s Curtis Womack.

Can’t stop playing either version of the album - thanks lads. I may have to buy it/them.