Tra'zae Releases 3 New Albums

For any of y’all that ain’t know, Tra’zae just dropped 3 new albums lol. I haven’t really listened to any of his stuff before so I’ll definitely have to check it out. So far I’ve listened to a few tracks from Tra’zombipulation and it’s pretty dope.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing! I need to check them out.

Anyone else checked out his work? I have only spent about 15 minutes sampling but here are my brief thoughts:

• Electra’zonic is some pretty intense electroclash/dubstep. It’s not funk, but If you like that kind of thing, you’ll like it.

• Influenced and West Dat Smell are both very modern hip hop. A very gangsta, bitches and pussy kinda feel to both of them. Not my thang, but I like it in small doses. Like in the amounts we get on MFD and STG. A whole album of it is too much for me.

• Tra’zombipulation is some straight up p-influenced/derived hip-funk and I highly recommend it. I think anyone here would enjoy it. I’ll be buying it.

1 Like

Tra’zombipulation is great. P-Funk references in every track :slight_smile:. Would love to get it on vinyl.

Feel the same way bout Influenced and West Dat Smell. Influenced is more modern soul, but still.

But I liked that Electra’zonic stuff :smile: , will listen to that some more.

1 Like

I may get up on the Tra’zombipulation. I tried West Dat Smell and had to bail out about 3 tracks in. My mind or something won’t let me go there I guess.

Exactly one year later, he releases three new albums :smile: . Seems to be the same plan as last year, one is more modern soul, another is more hiphop and the third is more funk. They’re all on bandcamp!

1 Like

I believe this is the new kids p funk debut. wicked guitar solo on wellington wigout

3 Likes

Junie Bug sounds great.

I’ve had a chance to give Junie Bug a listen through and it’s very good. I liked last year’s funk album better, but it’s good and I’ll listen some more for sure.

Modern soul doesn’t do much for me, and trap is just… blah, I’m never gonna like it I don’t think. But thank goodness Tra’zae is keepin’ da fonk alive on an annual basis! And even though the other two albums don’t appeal to me, it’s pretty cool that he can do a pretty damn professional job of three distinct styles.

2 Likes

more Tra’zae music has come out. Dude is pro-lif-ic.

He mostly releases hip-hop, which ranges from awesome to hit-and-miss, to blah. A true highlight of that area of his production is the recently released 9D2, (ninety two) which really does sound like it was recorded in 1992!

He also records a lot of pretty cool electronic music. Electra’zonic parts 1 & 2 and Adult Swimsuit are the ones to check out for that. The single “Play 2 Much” is like a hybrid of both the above mentioned styles.

But if what you’re most interested in is when he lets his funk flag fly, then what you want to check out is the following:

Tra’zombiopulation
Junie Bug
Trunkentelechy
Wild Child

excellent stuff!

3 Likes

He’s releasing so much stuff. Need to revisit his Bandcamp!

Have only just got around to checking 9D2 out. Its cool!

Quite like YOU’RE THE ONLY ONE I TRUST which has just been released as a single on Bandcamp as well.