Sir Nose No Nose Junior in Trombipulation

Who in the funk is sir nose no nose junior? Is he sir nose’s son?

1 Like

Yeah, I suppose that’s his kid.

Sir Nose finds out that he’s the missing link since his ancestors (the Cro-Nasal sapiens) is really old and predates the Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal. He then declares that I am the funkiest, I always been the funkiest… That’s why No Nose Junior promise to give up the funk.

Welcome to the forum @Unclejam!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

In this blink-and-you’ll-miss-it frame from Garry Starchile Shider - YouTube, Nose Junior is shown removing his nose and declaring he will dance, such that he will no longer fake the funk.

3 Likes

Forgot to mention this earlier but it is heavily implied Nose Junior is some sort of robot or cyborg, what with his robotic delivery of several lines and him stating that he is “boiling up”, “steaming” and that his “nuts and bolts are all screwed up”

2 Likes

Sir Nose, guest starring on O-H-I-O by the Ohio Players :smiley:

When I first heard this, which I think was out before Funkentelechy. I wondered did they have the voice first, or GC?

Zackly. I thought same: who was first?

I was also wondering if maybe Junie had brought that sound with him when he joined the Funk Mob.

Boss tune anyway, but it surprised and delighted me to hear Sir Nose’d, even if the words were a bit muffled :metal:

That would be a good question for The Dr. How did he happen along to the sound of Sir Nose voice?

1 Like

Sir Nose’s voice was generated by the Eventide H910 Harmonizer. The first piece of fully digital outboard gear ever marketed.

3 Likes

Legend. Nice one, Swang :metal:

David Bowie’s producer, Tony Visconti, apparently excitedly told Bowie he’d found ‘something that can fuck with the fabric of time and space’. Used it on the Low album. Sounds like it was specifically designed for the P.

1 Like

Yes! Legendary story from Visconti.

Prince was another one who used the Eventide often throughout his career. Particularly on the 1999 album including the opening “Don’t worry. I won’t hurt you” intro which is often mistaken for the varispeed tape trick - when in reality it’s the followup to the H910 (the Eventide H949).

1 Like

Did he use it to do his Camille voice?

1 Like

No, ‘Camille’ is varispeed tape (as is “Erotic City”).

1 Like

However, the so-called “sped up” voices on his song “Automatic” are also the Eventide.

1 Like