Poo Poo Strut lyrics

After a long while tweaking in Audacity, here are my attempts at figuring out the lyrics of George Clinton and Poo Poo Man’s “Poo Poo Strut”
Poo Poo Strut - YouTube

Heh heh heh he ha… there go Nose again.
Check it out. This is not Sir Nose, this is Sir Nose A Lot, and he (???)
Pretending to be funky. For I gotta admit he never lie. Yea, but he can’t fool the funk. Hahahaha, Sir Nose A Lot
They say Nose know nothin’ bout this here, this is his Dad. So he gotta be real careful (???) here! And he have you shake your ass (???)
Sir Nose A Lot, you can tell because he breathes outta one nostril. He have no membrane. There’s a lotta hankypanky going on in his head. It’s snot logical, it’s snot logical. Y’all can go on for however you want.
Heh ha ha ha ha… yea he turned to the dark side long ago. Heh heh he used to be one a the Funkateers. And before he fell into the Realm… of Sir Collector… (???) …
And shaking his trunks. Sir Nose A Lot. Nobody know where the nose goes when the door’s close. Heheheh, when he take a blow, he was blowin from his head. Sir Nose A Lot.
Nose knows he no knows, Nose knows Nose’s nose grows, Nose knows Nose he knows nose. Hehehahahaha, yea this is the Doctor. Shake that proboscis, yea I said SHAKE THAT PROBOSCIS. His proboscis is longer than his dick is, his preposterous is longer than his cock is. Hehehahahaha, Sir Nose A Lot. This ain’t Sir Nose y’all!
Almost lookin’ like Sir Nose, this is Sir Nose a Lot. He, he, he, he almost got the flow. From the dark side. This is the Doctor, sayin uh well he gon’ dance. When I bop him in his ass with this Bop Gun, he ain’t stand no chance. He ain’t let nobody peep it in.
What is a booty and how do I know if I’m shakin it? Yea and on the One. Hahahahaaha! Sir Nose A Lot, Poo Poo Man, Poo Poo, first name poo second name poo last name man!
Sir Nose A Lot, hehahahaha! Yea y’all knows bout him (???) myself! (???) pretending y’all can’t clap. This is not Sir Nose y’all this is Sir Nose A Lot. We boppin’ his ass, a doo doo class, ‘cos he can’t dance, and can’t fool no body. (???) sucker y’all, candy striped polka dot hair. Candy stripe polkadot pimpin his (???) Patent leather, patent leather, patent leather, patent leather, patent leather, patent leather Poo Poo Man. Sir Nose A Lot.
You ain’t fool me no more. Dance! OH YOU WILL DANCE! Imma stick this funk, so far from your ass, you won’t be able to pass, for gas. Shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up, shut up! O yea you don’t wanna stop. (???) other time. Mmm-mmm-mmm, lord have mercy!

5 Likes

Good pick for transcription. Some interesting things going on here lore-wise. Martial Law mentions something about “candy-striped” ties, so maybe there’s a connection? Also, I wonder if “he fell into the Realm” and “Sir Collector” have a deeper significance beyond, I guess, Poo Poo Man being obscure.

Anyways, building off of what you wrote, here’s my take, with significant differences in bold, listening mostly around x1.15 speed (since that sounds more natural to me).

Poo Poo Strut (Transcription)

Heh heh heh he ha. There go Nose again.

Check it out. This is not Sir Nose, this is Sir Nose-a-Lot, and he think he foolin’ somebody. Pretending to be funky. Oh I got to admit he got [‘em thangs]. Yeah, but he can’t fool the funk. Hahahaha, Sir Nose-a-Lot.

They say Nose know nothin’ 'bout this here, but this is his Daddy. So he gotta be real careful right up in here. And he’ll have you shake your ass better than the real thang. But that’s Sir Nose-a-Lot. You can tell because he breathes outta one nostril. He got no membrane. There’s a lotta hanky-panky goin’ on in his hanky.

It’s snot logical, it’s snot logical. Y’all can go on for it if you want.

Hehe-hahaha. Yeah he turned to the dark side long time ago. Yeah, he used to be one of the Funkateers. And before he fell into the Realm of Sir Collector, that [pimp-entelechy] had leather pin-stripe. Yeah shaking his trunks. Sir Nose-a-Lot. Nobody know where the nose goes when the doors close. Hehe-heh, but when he take a blow, he was blowin’ before the wind. Sir Nose-a-Lot.

Nose knows he no know, Nose knows Nose’s nose grows, Nose knows his Nose he no knows. Hehe-hahahaha, yeah this is the Doctor. Shake that prob-i-scis, yeah just a- check that proboscis. His prob-i-scis is longer than his dick is, his proboscis is longer than his cock is. Hehe-hahahaha, Sir Nose-a-Lot. This ain’t Sir Nose y’all! Don’t mistake him [from] Sir Nose, this is Sir Nose-a-Lot. He- he- he- he almost got [funk]. From the dark side. This is the Doctor, sayin’ uh, oh you will dance. Well, I’ll bop him in the ass with this Bop Gun, you don’t stand a chance. He ain’t thinking about it [peeping] him.

What is a booty and how will you know if you shakin’ it? Yeah, bend over.

Hahahahaha-haa-ha! Sir Nose-a-Lot, Poo Poo Man, Poo Poo, first name ‘Poo’, second name ‘Poo’, last name ‘Man’. Sir Nose-a-Lot, he-hahahaha! Yeah he almost funky, he almost went off on this jam before even myself. Ooo-wee. The way uh- he pretends he don’t give a claps. This is not Sir Nose y’all, this is Sir Nose-a-Lot. So when we bop his ass, we gonna do it with class, ‘cos he can’t dance, and can’t fool nobody. A [load of boom] on this sucker y’all, candy-striped, polka dot hair. Candy-stripe, polka dot pimpin’ [as new, he take no fool.] Patent leather, patent leather, patent leather, pa-pa-patent leather, patent leather, pa-patent leather. Poo Poo Man. Sir Nose-a-Lot.

You ain’t foolin’ nobody. Dance. Oh you will dance. Imma stick this funk, so far up in your ass, you won’t be able to pass, verbal gas. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Shut up. Oh yeah, you don’t wanna stop? Shake one shake at a time. Mmm-mmm-mmm, lord have mercy!

1 Like

Thanks for helping me figure the rest of the lyrics! I like that I got to learn the opposite of “funkentelechy”. Somehow “Sir Collector” also gives me vibes of specifically “vinyl collector”. And “hanky-panky going on in his hanky” in addition to having the nose pun also reminds me of Shock G/Humpty Hump in particular.
I also noticed “he almost got funk” might be “he almost got it going”

1 Like

Revisiting this because I realized I forgot to write the actually sung lyrics, or at least what I think it sounds like

Bend over let me see your shake your baby bout it
Dance to the booty
Doin the poo poo strut
Dance to the booty
Doin the poo poo strut
Everybody doing it, doing it, doing the
Everybody doing the poo poo strut
Everybody shakin it, shake your rump, shake it good
Everybody doing the poo poo strut
Yea he’s a player, y’all know much later, get on it
He’s not Sir Nose but he’s Sir Nose A Lot, get on it
Yea he’s a player, y’all know much later, get on it