New Bootsy album 2024 - Album of the Year

6 Likes

I saw that! Yes!! :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like

:raised_hands: enjoyed that. Album should have more than the one track, though, boba :metal:

More tracks to come (I hope)

Welcome to the forum :smiley::+1:

2 Likes

The new Bootsy single is out!!! It’s called "Album of the Year. Number #1 Funkateer!! I think i heard Mudd on backing vocals. But Im not sure.

A friend of mine. Mr. Cosby, turnt me onto it just yesterday. New Bootsy ya’ll!!

2 Likes

I hear a little Ahh… The Name Is Bootsy, Baby in there. :slight_smile:

It will aparently drop on October 25th. Here’s the tracklist.

1. Album of the Year #1 Funkateer
  2. So Soopafly
  3. The Influencers
  4. Bubble Pop
  5. Fishnets
  6. Satellite
  7. The JB’s Tribute
  8. Ubiquitous
  9. Hondo P
  10. Chicken & Fries
  11. Anybody Out There
  12. Pure Perfection
  13. Barbie T & Me
  14. BeWild
  15. Alien Flytrap
  16. I.Am.AI
  17. Reach the Zone
  18. 2Nite We Rise

As on all later Bootsy albums, there’s a lot of features. Like Myra Washington, Ouiwey, Kokane, Daz Dillinger, Westcoast Stone, Wiz Khalifa, Dave Stewart, Snoop Dogg, Fantaazma, Ice Cube, Brother Nature, Harry Mack, Clyde Stubblefield, Jabo, Fred Wesley, Soopafly, Tobotius, October London and Musiq Soulchild.

7 Likes

Dope to have Cube back in the Funkosphere! The last P collab he did was on Greatest Funkin’ Hits in '96 right? I would love if they got Busta and Q-Tip back for a collab, they’re two of my favorite rappers

2 Likes

Cube was also on the Ain’t That Funkin’ Kinda Hard On You remix. Busta and Q-Tip would be awesome.

2 Likes

Welcome deejaygod. Nice to have you.

3 Likes

Thank you, FunkOn! I appreciate it. :raised_hands:t4:

1 Like
3 Likes

New Bootsy just dropped. Pure Perfection. The YouTube upload is a bit wonky, sound-wise, but it sounds purrfect on Tidal. Simply purrrrrfect. :metal:

Bit of a shame as the video is boss but I’m sure it’ll be rectified soon enough.

Bingo! :grinning:

3 Likes

Seems like his YouTube account re-uploaded it. Audio is better…

1 Like

Boot’s new album drops October 25th. :metal:t4::metal:t4:

4 Likes

Is there a pre-order up anywhere?

1 Like

Hopefully it won’t be a streaming-only release. So far, I can only find links to pre-save. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I’m starting to doubt it’s coming out in any physical format, at least not in 23 days. No sign of pre-orders.

1 Like

Bootsy announced this week that the release date for the album has been pushed to April 2025. The next single will be out on Oct. 25th.

4 Likes

That is good news. Bodes well for the prospect of a physical release.

1 Like

I think you’re right. He announced a new distribution deal this week as well.

1 Like

I would rather wait for a physical release than only get a digital one, so, I agree that it’s good news.

1 Like