Mutiny - 'A Night Out With The Boys' vinyl reissue

Black vinyl. Preferred that to the clear.

1 Like

Finally got my black/gold splatter from Zia Records today. Looks good. Now I just need to find time to clean it then play it. It didn’t come with the Obi strip pictured above.

1 Like

@amesinger @JBoogie Does your versions have that sticker (or whatever it is) on the back cover as the VMP version has?

@silentboatman yes it does have that sticker.

1 Like

@silentboatman yup, sure does.

1 Like

Got my copy now - took ages to get here.

Doesn’t sound that great IMO

edit: although listening now - maybe its just the first track that doesn’t sound so good.

Got mine late as well. Would be interesting to compare the sound with the original.

I noticed that the images on the back cover is darker than on the original. Seen that on several reissues. A scan probably.

On a more positive note, the vinyl feels really great when you got it in your hands. Some heavy stuff (got the black one). And I think I like the label more on the reissue then on the original. That usually never happens :slightly_smiling_face: .

Favorit track at the moment: the title track.

1 Like

Found this photo from the Night Out With The Boys session. Kidd Funkadelic, Bigfoot and Skeet!

4 Likes

I’ve finally decided to get into Mutiny. I’m somewhat familiar with the first album but have never done a full deep-dive. ANYWAYS, while looking into their discography, I guess A Night Out has some songs that were meant for Black Hat Daddy & The Silver Comb Gang. And as I understand, they have the masters for Black Hat. So I guess I’m just a bit confused why they didn’t use the tapes of the songs they DO have the masters for (the ones from Black Hat) that are also on A Night Out for the reissue of A Night Out. I guess it would be a little odd to have significantly differing quality tracks on the album but idk. Maybe I’m missing something?

1 Like

the sound of that reissue i think is poory mastered. good have done a way better job than this

Well, i’m less-so talking about the mastering, and more about the fact that it was sourced off of vinyl rather than using tapes. From what I understand, the tapes for A Night Out weren’t available, but some of the songs from A Night Out are on Black Hat. So the tapes are available for those songs at least.

But even from a vinyl , if you do really good mastering , you can have a good sound. believe me

Yeah, it would’ve been strange with tracks with different sound quality on the same album.

But if they (Tidal Waves Music in this case) were interested in using different sources, maybe it was too expensive to license it from two different places. TufAmerica seems to own A Night Out and Jerome seems to own Black Hat Daddy. Or maybe they just talked to TufAmerica and didn’t even know about Black Hat Daddy

1 Like

no man if I can quoate Jerome himself “Tuff City records” are crooks they dont own that album

if you have tracks with 2 diff sound qualities,…with good mastering you can level that to one sound. but it cost money…and Tuff just wanna flip a dollar easy and sont spend to much on that

4 Likes