Lyrical SPECulation (put on your sunglasses, folks)

After listening to it by ear and with a splitter,

[0:26] my head is fine, band’s in perfect time, thank, pretty soon, we’re gonna blow your mind

[3:23] my head is fine, band’s in perfect time, thank, pretty soon, we’re gonna blow your mind

I think it’s spoken as “thank”, but is supposed to be the word “think”.

1 Like

I think that is exactly it. You don’t know what this means to me lol.
Now Parlet.
On the song “Funk Until the Edge of Time”:
What is the line at 1:49?
What is the line at 3:29

On the song F-Encounter. What is the chant at 5:24?

I think it’s “One part of funk or this kind, can we program your flim flam mind?”

“The funk is hot… enough to raise a flame, so call the shot(s)… or you can play my game” (the first time they just say “it’s hot”)

to me it sounds like “go to work!”

1 Like

Excellent topic. Lots of great stuff.

Do y’all want me to add a “lyrics” category? Or do you wanna keep on using this topic? Either way is fine. Although separate topics in a specific category is perhaps easier to read if somebody finds it after a while (compared to a massive single topic)…

1 Like

Yeah, after thinking it over, while a single thread is convenient for quick posts, I think separate threads would be more useful in the long run.

Yeah, as a new comer, I do find that P-Funk video thread quite daunting…

Anybody else have any thoughts?

3 posts were split to a new topic: Liquid Sunshine lyrics

[1:50] one [part?] of funk (f)or this [guy?]

It could be “guy” or “cat”. However, something about how it trails off feels like “guy” to me.

For 3:29 I think @ Phunklord_Siege is right, although I think it’s always “the funk is hot” and “shots”.

I always heard this as “turned on the farmer’s water pipe”, just a variation on the traditional 3 blind mice nursery rhyme.

Here’s a funny one: only in recent years did I figure out “sittin in the woods upon a log, my finger on the trigger my eyes on the hog…I like FATBACK!”
Don’t laugh at me.
:smirk:

3 Likes

2 posts were split to a new topic: Man’s Best Friend lyrics

So I made a “Lyrics” category. Will break out some posts into separate topics (if it’s possible without breaking the flow of the discussion).

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Super Stupid lyrics

4 posts were split to a new topic: Sweat Band’s We Do It All Day Long lyrics

Add to the mix of puns and references to Bimibi Road, underwater fishing etc, the stories of George and Bootsy spending time fishing off the coast of Florida.
My Step Brother was visiting a local Marine park " The Miami Seaquarium" in the summer of 77 and saw George and Bootsy there which checks in about the time they were in south Florida fishing.
Funkentelechy was soon to drop so ( I’m speculating) most of that was done or close to it and if they were in Fishing/a little time off mode in 77 summer/ to fall surely some of the inspirations for the Motor Booty affair songs got worked in.
Bimini Road for sure. They quite literally could have seen it while in the area.

2 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: The end of Doo Doo Chasers

10 posts were split to a new topic: Rumpofsteelskin lyrics

4 posts were split to a new topic: Martial Law lyrics

https://youtu.be/eJXM2h0G01Y?t=316 this isn’t too important but listen closely at this part. i thought it was funny

Let’s all
Take a summer swim
It’s fall but
Take a summer swim

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Poo Poo Strut lyrics

Will close this topic. Please make new topics for specific tracks/subjects. :metal:t4:

1 Like