Kickback Demo Lyrics

Here is the best I can surmise from the “Kickback” demo from the Smell My Finger demos, which in all honesty is far better than the one that actually made it onto the album. I love how the lyrics are absolutely unhinged with the general message of “don’t trust everything on TV”. I also imagine a double entendre with “ain’t nothin’ but a party” here where it can also refer to “political party”

Yo word up man yo check this out!

Wanderin, Ramblin, Strange. Thriftin, Driftin, Tunin, Shiftin, Swervin, Swoonin, Turn corner bend, Curved like a crook, Ripplin, Zigzag, Twist, Warp, Swerve, Veer, Shear!

Ooga Booga

We gotta go for the ??obedoab??, huh, I betcha wanna get some

Eeny meeny eesameeny uwa uwa meeny osh kosh ooh kosh uwa ooh, ish kiddly um dum bubba ptoom dum waddamssshhhhhhh

I gotta bang. Why you wanna sample. Say it. Eeny meeny eesameeny uwa uwa meeny osh kosh ooh kosh uwa ooh

I gotta bang fellas! Tell ‘em fellas! Only got the sack. Ooooh, speakin’ in tongues! And I got the bang, comin outta my sack!

KICKBACK! Kickback! Yo word up man yo check this out

Goin under the table!

Creepin and a creepin and a creepin and a bisha oh woah a noh nah, a bisha, eeny meeny eesameeny uwa uwa meeny osh kosh ooh kosh uwa ooh, ish kiddly um dum bubba ptoom dum waddamssshhhhhhh

Some people say its a political favor, Lord!

KICKBACK! The big payback! THE BIG PAYBACK! The big payback.

(motif from “Ain’t Nothing But A Jam Yall” starts playing)

Speaking in droves, I got your jack swing swingin. Oh, ain’t nothing but a party y’all!

Ain’t nothing but a party y’all, AIN’T NOTHING BUT A PARTY Y’ALL! Snafu, TV! TV is what they want you to see! Ooga booga.

Whose point of view?! Ain’t nothing but a party y’all, AIN’T NOTHING BUT A PARTY Y’ALL!

Ooooooooooh, censorship, shit, hah, censor this! Gotcha jack swingin swingin!

Swaaaaang. Ooga booga, ooga booga, just groove, mumbo jumbo. Mumbo jumbo y’all, mumbo jumbo! Mumbo jumbo y’all, mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo! Oooooh what’s your angle. Lord, snafu… censorship.

(Mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo y’all x 7)

Media hype, on the beat, they hear what they only want you to see! Sayin’, you hearin, just, what they want you to see, and that’s a snafu! Food for the few! Seems perspective, and rejective, be selective. Not me but yoooouuuu! Lord, it’s a snafu!

Mumbo jumbo.

Beggin, beggin, beeeeggggiiiiiinn. Narrate, hah yeah! Can you agitate me? Whose point of view? And it’s like this. Ooga booga, mumbo jumbo, aw speakin’ in tongues!

KICKBACK! Skimmin’ off the top, throw it under the table, political favours. Awwww kickback!

OOOOOH KICKBACK! Some of this and some of that, one man can watch the other, scratch mine and I’ll scratch your back.

OOOOOH KICKBACK! God these people crazy man.

OOOOOH THE PAYBACK!

Ain’t nothing but a party y’all. Ain’t nothing but a party y’all.

2 Likes

Swaaaaang :face_with_spiral_eyes: :grin:

Yeah, I completely agree; musically and lyrically strong.

The broken words at the beginning sound like a traffic accident (involving a “dog leg”?), which reminds me of the background sound effects of The Cinderella Theory title song.

There’s also a slightly shorter (5:17) rougher demo with almost no George, and which also has a different starting line:

(?). Operation SNAFU. (? try one). [Being] in direct course.

Lyrics

Yo word up man yo check this out!

Wanderin’, Ramblin’, Strain, Drift, Driftin’, Turnin’, Shiftin’, Swervin’, Swingin’, Turn, Corner, Bend, Curved, Dog Leg, Crook, Hairpin, Zigzag, Twist, Warp, Swerve, Veer, Shear!

Ooga Booga

We got [to do it where] the [ooh-bee doo], huh, I betcha wanna get some

Eeny meeny, [just as many], ooh wah, ooh wah meeny, osh kosh ooh, kosh, ooh wah ooh. Ish kiddly um, dum, bubba, ptoom, dum, ba dum tss

I got the bag. Why, you wanna sample? Say it. Eeny meeny, [just as many], ooh wah, ooh wah meeny, osh kosh, ooh, kosh, ooh wah ooh

I got the bag fellas! Tell ‘em fellas! Don’t I got the sack? Ooooh, speakin’ in tongues! And I got the bag, comin’ after my sack!

KICKBACK! Kickback! Yo word up man yo check this out

Goin’ under the table!

Creepin’ and a creepin’ and a creepin’ and a bisha, oh woah a noh nah, a bisha. Eeny meeny, [just as many], ooh wah, ooh wah meeny, osh kosh, ooh, kosh, ooh wah ooh. Ish kiddly um, dum, bubba, ptoom, dum, ba dum tss

Somebody said it’s a political favor, Lord!

KICKBACK! The big payback! THE BIG PAYBACK! The big payback.

(motif from “Ain’t Nothing But A Jam Y’all” starts playing)

Speaking in tongue[s], I got your jack swing swingin’. Oh, ain’t nothing but a party y’all!

Ain’t nothing but a party y’all, AIN’T NOTHING BUT A PARTY Y’ALL! Snafu, TV! TV is what they want you to see! Ooga booga.

Whose point of view?! Ain’t nothing but a party y’all, AIN’T NOTHING BUT A PARTY Y’ALL!

Ooooooooooh, censorship, shit, hah, censor this! Got your jack swing swingin’!

Swaaaaang[in’]. Ooga booga, ooga booga, just groove, mumbo jumbo. Mumbo jumbo y’all, mumbo jumbo! Mumbo jumbo y’all, mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo! Oooooh what’s your angle? Lord, SNAFU… censorship.

(Mumbo jumbo, mumbo jumbo y’all x 7)

Media hype. (On the beat.) You hear only what they want you to see! Sayin’, you hearin’, just, what they want you to see, and that’s a SNAFU! Whose point of view? Whose perspective? Who[’s] rejected? Who’s selected? Not me but yoooouuuu! Lord, just a SNAFU!

Mumbo jumbo.

Beggin’, beggin’, beeeeggggiiiiiinn’. Narrate, hah yeah! Counter-agitatin’ me. Whose point of view? And it’s like this. Ooga booga, mumbo jumbo, aw speakin’ in tongues!

KICKBACK! Skimmin’ off the top, goin’ under the table, political favors. Awwwwh kickback!

OOOOOH KICKBACK! Some of this and some of that, one hand washes the other, scratch mine and I’ll scratch your back.

OOOOOH PAYBACK! [Yo George] these people crazy man.

OOOOOH THE PAYBACK!

Ain’t nothing but a party y’all. Ain’t nothing but a party y’all.

2 Likes