Homicide from digipak version of Shake The Gate

I just added the digipak version of Shake The Gate to Discogs and noticed that Yesterdejavu was replaced (on that digipak version) with the song Homicide. Although the back cover and booklet wrongly states Yesterdejavu.

Anybody got any info on Homicide, like who’s playing on it?

I always wondered why they called it Yesterdayjavu, being that that isn’t anywhere in those lyrics. (I primarily listen to CDs.). When listening to to the album on Spotify, I came to the conclusion that some kinda mixup had occurred. Anybody know why this happened. I like Homicide more, and am glad to have it on rotation.

Thank you for pointing out that this track exists. I’d never have known. I was able to hunt it down.

What? Homicide? What track is this?

There are two CD versions of Shake the Gate. One (the original, I believe) has Yesterdejavu on disc 3. The other (which I have), has Homicide in its place.

I downloaded Yesterdejavu once I found out. I’d have never known if not for this thread.

If anyone needs to hear one track or the other, I can help.

Yeah the version with Yesterdejavu is the original and was released with a thick jewel case in 2014. The other one, with Homicide, was released in 2016 and is a digipak.

Yes I definitely need to hear Homicide.

2 Likes

Hello again. I would love to hear Homicide. I need to stop reading this forum and finding gaps in my collection!

1 Like

No problem, I will help you out!

There’s always gaps to fill. :grin:

1 Like

Brilliant - works a treat - thanks.

1 Like

I played synth on it

7 Likes

A guy named Howard Mann did most of the track and vocals. Obviously George is on it too, and i played the synthesizer

4 Likes

Thank you for the info!

Do you know why Yesterdejavu was replaced with Homicide on the digipak version?

1 Like

Homicide was supposed to be on the first version of STG, but there were some business issues with the release. Then when those got cleared up it ended up on the next version

3 Likes

I was checking my copy of Shake The Gate against what was listed on Discogs, and it appears to be a separate third edition, which I’ve now added there. It is a digipak, but it does NOT have the song ‘Homicide’. Rather it has ‘Yesterdejavu’, as listed on the back cover. So even if you find a digipak version of the album, you’ll need to give it a listen or check the tiny matrix code numbers on the discs to know which version you’ve got.

By the way, it’s my first time posting here - nice to join the conversation with you all!

4 Likes

Didn’t know there existed a third version. Thank you for that info! And welcome to the forum!

1 Like