George Clinton new Patreon page

Anybody on here a patron on the Patreon page? Looks like they uploaded the first track on there. I’m not a patron because that’s a bit rich for my blood but I’m curious what the track is.

2 Likes

Humpty Dumpty. Earlier version of “Bounce to this” featuring Shock G and Belita Woods. May they both rest in peace. Track was slamming especially for that time period. Very interesting how it morphed into the “Bonce to this” version from How late. I had this original version on a cassette tape way back in 99’ or 2000. So when the How late version was released I was surprised as to how different it was. Both are slamming though.

7 Likes

I believe they played a live version of Humpty Dumpty at Woodstock 99.

1 Like

Shock G was actually a part of the band for a tour or two.

2 Likes

Yes, that was a Go Fund Me Type thang. Money was to repair studio and release live and unreleased material. They showed the spine of Parliament Live tapes with dates …1977. This never materialized…

Mang when he showed the video of that Parliament Live I just about lost my marbles. Been thinking about it ever since.

2 Likes

Like dangling candy in front of a child’s face.

2 Likes

If I join today do I recieve this month’s song or is it a subscription for next month’s song on the 1st? Or both?

If anybody definitely knows and could let me know, I’d greatly appreciate it. I’ve been wanting to hear that Last Time Zone album in decent quality for a long time…

1 Like

Holla at Danny on this board to clarify that. He did mention that very thing about 2 weeks ago here.

2 Likes

So if I join today I will be able to access the song delivered on March 1st and the forthcoming song on April 1st? Is that correct?

Many thanks, Danny!

1 Like

Thanks for the question. If you join today for instance, you will get your first song on April 1st. But you will start at the beggining of the giveaways(with the one that was given out first on March 1st). So that way you wont miss any songs
Hope that clears it up! Thanks for the support

2 Likes

Danny “On Everything”!!

1 Like

Thanks, Danny! I’ve just joined up so will look forward to my first funk pill on the 1st!

2nd prescription has been filled. It’s called “Vibe”. Really funky “party jam”. Truly hard to believe that this song is more than 20 years old. PFunk was, and still is far ahead of the curve.

3 Likes

I have to admit I’m a bit disappointed (not by the music of course
!)…

I understand that the subscription is expensive (the best way to ensure that no one shares for free).

I was expecting a few bonuses in addition to one song a month, but that doesn’t seem to be on the agenda. That’s fine.

But receiving an MP3 of average sound quality (224 Kbits/s)… Sorry, I’ll have to pass!

To be fair, the first one was a 1411.2 Kbit/s wav file with slight tape hiss, and so I had to manually balance/clean it myself.

It’s certainly nicer to listen to than the noisy leaked version (“Radio Friendly DJ”) that’s out there today.

Theres more perks coming all the time. Geirge’s new youtube show A BUMP BY BUMP RUNDOWN is being sent to the patrons only a month ahead of the general public for every episode
In addition GC is gonna be releasing sone new PFUNK to the P-Patrons way ahead of everybody else.
As well as an unreleased track each month
More to come too

3 Likes

The patrons will get a free full song each month (download) AND in addition a preview of ANOTHER brandnew song! Is that right, Danny?

1 Like

They will get an unreleased song every month plus they will get the newest episode of the new youtube show, A BUMP BY BUMP RUNDOWN (which focuses on the story and details about a different classic pfunk song each month, hosted by George and myself) a month before each episode airs on youtube.
George is also going to debut any and all his new music to the patrons first. So theres several perks

3 Likes

The Doctor released the new “Funk Pill”: I got a Google Link in E-Mail for the new “Funk Pill”. I have to log in at Google. The Log In works. But THEN: Access denied. WHY? CAN S.O. HELP ME?

2 Likes