Fantasy is Reality from the Earth Tour album

Just got my cd of Earth Tour. No Fantasy is Reality.

School boy error :disappointed:

I had the CD version before I got the vinyl, so I was pretty surprised when I heard it on there. But I had heard it before on that Tear The Roof Off compilation. I loved that comp, I got it pretty early so there were a bunch of tracks on there hadn’t heard before. Happy days. :slight_smile:

If anyone isn’t familiar with Fantasy Is Reality, it was originally recorded during the Invictus days and later turned up on First Thangs.

Here’s some different versions.

1 Like

The Osmium album also has it on the CD version, not sure about the vinyl.

Yes true! Like this one:

1 Like

I prefer the original. Such a great soulful and beautiful song and killer guitar riff splattered thru-out.

2 Likes

I’m wary of Osmium now as I don’t want any of the bonus tracks missing. They really elevate the album from a bit of a curiosity to one of my favourites; I’d be similarly gutted at no Come in out of the rain - and even more so at the lack of Red Hot Mama.

Need to be sure, to be sure.

Take your point about the original; there’s a lot to love about it: the drumming, the twinkly Bernie notes at the end.

This is a proto version, that predates the Invictus version. Oddly, GC is not credited.

6 Likes

While this tune isn’t my favorite P-Funk tune (in any form), I always found the Osmium-era version noteworthy for Bernie’s decidely out of tune electric piano.

2 Likes

Wow, thank you for that! I see that Mike Terry arranged it. Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Fantasy is Reality from the Earth Tour album is one of my favorites.

2 Likes

I do like the original a lot but I have to agree. If I could only take one tune to a desert island, that would be the one I’d start and end each day with. There aren’t enough tunes with Eddie AND Glen together, sadly.

What? Another couple of collaborations , tops?

1 Like