Conspiracy In The Last Time Zone

Nice track. Don’t know if it was on The Last Time Zone album, but he’s definitely reusing lyrics from it.

So if we should watch out for word starting with C, B, D, E, G, V, T, Z, S, K (and I suppose P as well), damn that’s a lot of words. :rofl:

A fascinating thread. Thanks to all who have contributed and deepened my knowledge.

If anyone could point me in the direction of The Mammoth Sessions I’d greatly appreciate it as I’m pretty much salviating now having read all these posts.

1 Like

@ADHitch welcome to the forum! I found them through peer-to-peer (via SoulSeek) labeled “mammoth sessions”. AFAIK only some of the tracks have been posted online. I think there should be 23 in total.

There’s also 11 tracks floating around labeled something like 1990s George Clinton - Demos (I think the first four are actually 1980’s Capitol demos, discussed a bit here, and The A Foxxe Jam ‎released a different version of “Pizazz”), which has the previously discussed “Hunpty Dumpty” track (live “It Ain’t Over Till Its Over / Humpty Dumpty”). Not sure if the rest are related to the album in question though. Maybe “Loopty Loop” since Mike P said here it was recorded “around 2000”.

2 Likes

I’m still not sure if the “Mammoth Sessions” are the final album, a work-in-progress version or just some tracks off the album with some random demos. Since I last posted, I’ve found a few interesting pieces of information surrounding the track listing.

There’s a 23 December 1997 MTV article where George says there are two tracks already done “Humpty Hump Me” and “Radio Friendly”. He also mentions the lyrics “The funk is so hot, they bite so much, I need a tetanus shot”. I know those lyrics show up on “I Ain’t The Lady”, but they also appear on the unreleased track “Yo Turn To Burn”. Also, apparently he was thinking about going to Hawaii (instead of Fiji) for the new millennium.

In a 2 February 1999 Rolling Stone article he says the tracks “Yank My Doodle (It’s a Dandy)” and “Rhythm & Rhyme” (both covers?) were just completed for the album with Professor X (of X-Clan). I think the 1999 Woodstock performance of “Yank My Doodle, It’s a Dandy” was a teaser for the album. Also notable

The forthcoming album has no title yet

and

all the rappers — whom he has “just bumped into” over the years — will appear on separate tracks, except ODB and Busta

And much like Jim Wilson said about “ASS WIPE", Henry Rollins said in a March 2000 Metal Hammer Magazine interview

me and the guys just did a song called ‘Ass Wipe’ with George Clinton for his next record

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it. I’ll definitely have a look around and see if I can check both of those out.

1 Like

Some of the material is very strong here and also includes versions of songs that I find superior to those released - the mix and violin on ‘Radio Friendly’ for example, really takes the song to a different place.

‘The Movie’ and ‘Adam & Eve’ are two definite standouts for me on this first listen. I think if the best of these songs had been assembled into an album it would’ve been very strong and cohesive with a definite unifying concept. Hopefully, the entire unreleased album will be released as intended at some point.

3 Likes