Children Of Production (band) - 1995 EP?

I’m sure the more core fans on here are aware of the self titled Children Of Production album from 2006, involving many familiar names.

While digging around, I came across a few tracks “Produced by Children Of Production 1995”. There are detailed production/liner notes, and looking at them, the lineup is quite different, but still familiar P-Funk names. I thought I’d link the tracks here since I couldn’t find any reference to them online (nothing on Discogs or pfunkportal) besides a reupload of Desert Flower.

Full Playlist:

1. Do That Stuff (L. Shider, Hayes, Cooper, G. Shider, Jackson, Carter, Cowan, Sautoff, Gallegos)
  2. Boo (L. Shider, Hayes, Cooper, G. Shider, Cowan, Sautoff, Gallegos)
  3. Desert Flower (Gallegos, L. Shider, Cooper, G. Shider, Lopez)

(Also, based on the URL for “Do That Stuff”, I think the original title was “Big Butt”.)

3 Likes

Man u are digging up some stuff alright. I can hear the Shider’s all up in this. I wonder when it was cut.

I think it was uploaded by the producer, so I guess 1995. Although, on “Desert Flower” the orchestra credits are listed as unknown, so that part might be older. (BTW I love “Desert Flower”.)

1 Like

Does anybody know if Kelly is related to Bennie Cowan?

Btw: I’ve found some ‘new’ stuff from bennie with DJ Greg Lewis on Quantize Records…

DJ Greg Lewis Ft. Bennie Cowan
"The Trumpet"
The Groove Assassin Remixes

After a sizzling summer, we at Unquantize are hyped about releasing the Groove Assassin remixes of "The Trumpet". This track is a straight smoker and is destined for instant chart and dance floor success. It moves at peak hour pace with banging drums, pianos, organs, bass lines, and horn arrangements created by P-Funk legend Bennie Cowan. Trust us when we say that "The Trumpet" is sure to send your dance floors into hysterics. This release contains Groove Assassin's Remix, Instrumental, and Blowout Beats. We've also included Greg Lewis' Original and Hump Mixes for your listening pleasure.
Protect your ears people...."The Trumpet Might Blow You Out!"
Unquantize Your Mind!

1. DJ Greg Lewis Ft. Bennie Cowan "The Trumpet" (Groove Assassin Remix)
Remixed by Groove Assassin / Recorded @ Mo'den 2016. Keys by Bennet Holland / Mixed by Groove Assassin / Mastered by DJ Spen

2. DJ Greg Lewis Ft. Bennie Cowan "The Trumpet" (Groove Assassin Blown Out Beats Mix)
Remixed by Groove Assassin / Recorded @ Mo'den 2016. Keys by Bennet Holland / Mixed by Groove Assassin / Mastered by DJ Spen

3. DJ Greg Lewis Ft. Bennie Cowan "The Trumpet" (Original Mix)
Produced by Greg Lewis/ Trumpets by Bennie Cowan/ Keyboards by Greg Lewis/ Additional Keyboards by Hozay Clowney/ Recorded at Blacklist Media, Baltimore, MD.

4. DJ Greg Lewis Ft. Bennie Cowan "The Trumpet" (Groove Assassin Instrumental)

5. DJ Greg Lewis Ft. Bennie Cowan "The Trumpet" (Hump Mix)
Produced by Greg Lewis/ Trumpets by Bennie Cowan/ Keyboards by Greg Lewis/ Additional Keyboards by Hozay Clowney/ Recorded at Blacklist Media, Baltimore, MD.

https://www.beatport.com/artist/bennie-cowan/560216

In 2006 Children of Production also were opening act for GC&PFAS at some shows, e.g. Feb 27th 2006 at 9:30 Club in Washington, DC.

1 Like