Bob Bishop R.I.P. 03-12-1952 - 10-26-2023

I am just finding out about this today and totally bummed to hear about it. Bob was the man! I was close with him starting around 1992. He was the one who always hooked me and others up with the permission from GC to record audio and/or video at the sound booth. Got to hang with him many times all over the east coast in 90s and always had a great time. He was one funny guy too, we would laugh our asses off.

R.I.P. Bob

Some great pics and stories posted here: https://www.legacy.com/funeral-homes/obituaries/name/bob-bishop-obituary?pid=205585529&v=batesville&view=guestbook&page=2

Bob Rogers Bishop, age 71 was born on March 12, 1952, in Moundsville, AL departed this earthly home on Thursday, October 26, 2023. Bob was the Sound Engineer for George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic. He was the first black Sound Engineer for 20,000 and above set venues. He also worked with Irvin Mayfield and Bill Summers just to name a few. Bob was the loving husband of Phillipina Flowers Bishop. Beloved father of Bob Jr., Anthony, Sean, and Richelle Bishop. Devoted brother of George, Charles, Mildred and Johnny Bishop, Elizabeth Banks, and Laura Powell. He was also survived by a host of nieces, nephews, grandchildren, one great granddaughter, cousins, family and friends. He was preceded in death by his parents George Bishop and Cleo Rogers Bishop; his son Robert Bishop; and his siblings Johnny Mae Hines, Ann Walker and Louise Brown. Private Burial. You may sign the guest book on www.gertrudegeddeswillis.com. GERTRUDE GEDDES WILLIS FUNERAL HOME INC., IN CHARGE (504) 522-2525.

3 Likes

Rest in β€˜P’, Mr. Bishop. Fly on…:metal:t4::metal:t4:

1 Like

Yea, I believe it was you or Rodney that connected my Bob in 1993.

I was able to film 70 hours of footage because of Bob Bishop. May he rest in eternal peace.

2 Likes