America Eats It's Young booklet anyone?

“Boot-Z” also appears on this press/publicity photo from around that same time.

So @pfunkpaul, is the scans of the booklet that we have here complete and in the right order?

1 Like

Geeesh what a find. Both the book and that Boot-Z pic.

Sorry to keep everyone waiting here. Busy times. You’re 100% right @silentboatman. The two pages missing from the above scans are page 1 (reverse side of the front cover) and page 3 (If You Don’t Like The Effects). I took photos of the entire booklet and uploaded them in their correct order which can be seen here: https://imgur.com/a/Z2UkVD6

4 Likes

Nice thanks. That Process stuff has always been kinda spooky to me. I would like to see that documentary done on them a few years back that GC/Funkadelic is featured in.

Well, scratch that, I just found it up on youtube. I watched the part with George. Once they started talking about Charles Manson and had Super Stupid as the backing music. Lets just say I didn’t want to see anymore. Had to nix it. Ain’t trying to let them kinda spirits out in the atmosphere over here.

I’m already gonna be thinking about this mess airtime I play the record lol.
No laughing matter though.

2 Likes

I kinda want to watch it now but I worry about how I might feel about the band/George after I see it.

That symbol the process used…

I think I prefer ‘ain’t nothing but a party, y’all’ to a spooky church and Charles Manson associations.

I do love the album though. It’s not my favourite, although it was the first Funkadelic album I heard. There’s really nothing else quite like it.

I’ve said it before. I think AEIY is the Funks finest hour. That being said, I’ve still yet to deal with the fact that my favorite band was connected with The Process.

Geeesh!!!

1 Like

Nah nothing can top the 1976 Earth Tour because Jerome was on the throne

2 Likes

Manson’s “church” was called “Church of the Final Process.” “The Process Church of the Final Judgement” was often confused with Manson’s because of the similar names. Nevertheless, they were not affiliates.

1 Like

Heads up!

3 Likes

Wow! Will probably go for more than $22.50. :grin:

1 Like

Absolutely, at the moment it’s around 135$… still 2 days to go… :crazy_face:

1 Like

Just checked the last bid: 587,88$ … :money_with_wings: :money_mouth_face: :money_with_wings:

Da price from the original pressing without original poster and booklet is around 150$… simple conclusion: they are worth around 435$… :crazy_face: :dizzy: :upside_down_face:

:dizzy::melting_face: :dizzy:

2 Likes

Signed by the doctor.

1 Like