Almost All Of It

Well I said it’s time to put this down in history. Got a few more clippings that I did not get to. I kept stacking and stacking and stacking in layers. So I ended up with 8 layers worth. Enjoy.

Ooops, forgot this very special Soul (had it in another stack) signed by Casper on his birthday a couple of years back. Enjoy!

4 Likes

Wow! I’m officially blown away! :star_struck:

I will go through them and come back will some requests. :wink:

There’s so much stuff here I haven’t read… The magazines that I’m most interested in reading would be New Funk Times, Uncut Funk and Zeep. But I suppose they have too much p related stuff in them to scan or take pictures of. Motorbooty seems also awesome, but I just bought that one the other day and it’s on it’s way! :tada: :tada:

Here’s some questions about other magazines I saw you had.

What’s this? Looks like the album, but not the same dimensions. Is it some kind of promo stuff?

crawdaddy

This one is from 1975, right? Does it have a lot of pfunk related stuff, or is it just a short review?

These two would also be nice to read!

Sure. That first one is a book that apparently accompanied the release of Parliament Live. It’s a quirky, interesting find. Used to be really rare, not so much now. It’s got some sheet music to some of the songs and some poorly deciphered lyrics. I don’t know the who, when, where it actually came out. I did know someone who had somehow got a hold of it when it was actually out, so it must have been widely available for the funkateers back then if they knew where to get it.

That Crawdaddy has a nice write up/review in an article called "Understanding Dat “Parliafunkadelicment Thang”. The author does a simultaneous review of Chocolate City and Let’s Take It To The Stage. A whole page and then some.

The Musician is a blow out. A deep 7 pager about the time of Motor Booty Affair. Contains some great rare pics and the photo that apparently inspired the back cover of Uncle Jam.

The other is a fanzine out of southern california that did a piece on the PFAS 3 night stand at the Beverly. All kinds of pics from the gig backstage on stage etc.

1 Like