A couple of finds this weekend

Was given the heads up on a couple of Sun Ra albums in a local charity shop, but they were albums I already owned so was a bit deflated, anyway gave the boxes a browse and found these beauty’s, A promo Mutiny On the Mamaship £3 in mint condition, and still sealed Feed The Wolf by Miss Velvet & The Blue Wolf (feat GC) £3. Made up for the Sun Ra disappointment

5 Likes

2 Likes

Mutiny On the Mamaship for £3, damn. Nice find!

I haven’t heard Miss Velvet. Need to check that out. Know they toured with the p a while back.

George contributes on three tracks, Phat Blunt a spoken rap, Nasty Freak & Bitch Honey, And yes on the inner sleeve notes they thank Dr Funkenstein & P Funk for inspiring them night after night whilst on the road with them.

2 Likes

I have to admit I myself never had gotten around to checking out Mutiny… I guess I didn’t realize how -strong- of a late-70s PFunk sound they had. Thanks for this post, Defeet, streaming the record now— damn good stuff! That first track is easily as good (or better!) as at least some of the songs on Gloryhallastoopid, imo…. he did a really good job of putting together a band that understood l all the parts of that late-70s Parliament-Funkadelic groove.

Can I ask why you posted the back cover, but not the front? :slight_smile: is it the same as what I’m seeing on the streaming service, for the regular release— Jerome on a beach, dressed as a pirate, /treasure chest containing snare drum, drumsticks etc). Does it have that liner notes sheet (which really jabs at Uncle George, makes him the butt of Bigfoot’s ire over the way he claims some band members were treated…. looking at it now on Discogs)-

2 Likes

Funk n Bop —— holy @$&%# !! This song funks its @$$ off…. esp the part on the chorus! :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

I put the back of cover up because it shows the promo stamp top right corner, the front is as you described, And the inner sleeve has the cartoon (By T Lynch) on one side & the lyrics on the other.

2 Likes